Convention of Statesmen

ads

Stop the Madrassa

I blogged about this a few days ago and promised to update what I've found. I located a site called Stop the Madrassa that is the organization of the lady, Sara Springer, who spoke on Hannity and Colmes as well as Glenn Beck.

Her blog of a couple of days ago, which I will include in its entirety raises an alarming question as to what is the ultimate goal of tax-funded Islamic schools in the United States of America.

Here is what was written:

Islamic education for all: Great Britain plan would move toward ‘religion of state’

The international Barnabus Fund alerts us to a shocking report from the UK, reported in WorldNet Daily:

A new government study is being condemned by the Christian ministry the Barnabas Fund because its proposals would move closer to imposing Islam in the United Kingdom as “a religion of state.”

Among the proposals from the study being considered for implementation is the provision by universities for Islamic studies for all students.

The report was initiated by Bill Rammell, the minister of state for higher education and lifelong learning, officials said. He appointed Ataullah Siddiqui, senior research fellow at the Islamic Foundation, to write it…

Among the other recommendations are that universities should employ Muslim scholars to teach Islamic theology, all universities must employ Muslim chaplains and provide Muslim prayer rooms, Islamic Student Societies should be better recognized and encouraged, and universities should cooperate with Islamic schools and colleges to break down the divisions between British society and the Muslim community.

The study also recommended Islamic studies should be linked to job opportunities such as teaching, chaplaincy and Islamic banking, and guidance should be given to all universities on Friday prayers, Ramadan and halal food.

This is religious accommodation to extreme, it makes Islam the state-mandated religion. Mayor Bloomberg’s and Chancellor Klein’s decision to open the Khalil Gibran International Academy is a first step down the path Britain is falling towards complete Islamisation of education. H/T Atlas Shrugged - read it all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In essence, the goal would be to replace the Church of England as the state religion in the U.K. with Islam. Why, might you ask, does this alarm me?

My beloved Uncle Mike, who is Muslim, gave me a book a few years ago that his Imam recommended I read to make me more comfortable about his decision to be Muslim. It was okay until I hit the chapter on the Islamic World Order. Then I was terrified. Now, as I sit here watching Islam making greater inroads into a freedom loving nation such as America I become more and more worried.

With a public school in New York City, funded by tax-payers, using a religious board to govern it I find the reasons for this school to be extremely suspect. Like Sara Springer I ask why Arabic is not simply offered as an elective in regular public schools? I ask why this school was not funded privately as all other religious schools are? I ask why Muslims in this nation are receiving such favoritism regarding this issue?
  • With a religion that converts by all means, including the sword.
  • With a religion that determines that all infidels must die or be converted so that Islam is the only faith of the world. Yeah, you're an infidel too.
  • With a religion that subjugates and dominates women in such a complete and degrading manner.
  • With a religion that eliminates all freedom, a God-given right (and that would not be Allah.)
  • With a religion that crushes all light from the world . . .
Why on earth would I be worried?

Latter-day Saints are no strangers to persecution. We suffered it at its extreme the first 80 to 90 years of our existence. To this day, there are still people who will not buy from us, do business with us or associate with us simply because we are Mormon. Oh yes, this still goes on. Just look at Mitt Romney's campaign and see the nonsense that has arisen with his fight for the White House. And so I do not write this blog lightly. I do not encourage any type of persecution toward Muslims, in fact, I am vehemently against it.

But they, as much all groups and organizations within our nation, should live by the same rules we live by. The eradication of constitutional freedoms in order to be more politically correct is not only asinine, it is exceedingly dangerous.

Go to Stop the Madrassa yourself and see if you don't agree with me. What is Mayor Bloomberg doing? All public funds granted to this Islamic school in New York City should be returned to the public school coffers immediately. The Khalil Gibran International Academy must become privately funded instead of publicly. So here's my idea: All those idiots pouring money into the coffers of the terrorists, stop being such jackasses and act responsibly. Instead of funding war, why don't you fund education.

And tell me this, how does America and her rock-solid, bone-deep, centuries long belief in freedom coincide in any way with your Sharia law? If you don't like the way we do things, leave. No one is stopping you.

Stop the Madrassa Stop the Madrassa Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, August 06, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. Hi Candace - I just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the comment you left on my blog - it was much appreciated. I'll stop back and catch up on your posts soon. This has been very draining emotionally, but I'm feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, thanks for stopping by. I hope emerge soon in a whirl of energy and happiness. Wouldn't that be so cool if we could all do that on our down and drained days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't agree that just because the muslims have invaded England, that they have a right to change the Church of England to a Muslim hierarchy. This is horrible, and should not be acceptable, in any country that recognizes christianity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a very scary situation when Muslims overtake and become the majority of a nation. It doesn't take too long from that point that they try to install Sharia law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mere thought of tax-payer monies funding this school makes me pretty mad. If Mayor Bloomberg wants to fund it himself, he can. He has the means to do that, but to use funds he is supposed to safeguard for the "common" good is atrocious. I am proud of the parents who have taken action against the existence of this school. They obviously don't have anything in common with the teachings of Islam and as a matter of fact, neither do I. What a crock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right on, Alvin. It is horrifying to think that public funds are used to promote something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.