Convention of Statesmen

ads

Public Dollars to Build a Muslim School in New York

Okay, here we go with the political aspect of my life. I like to think I'm a relatively tolerant person, really, I swear that I am. I believe wholeheartedly in the Constitution of United States and the First Amendment is one that I vehemently support. It reads:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
So understand this clearly when you read the rest of this blog. I believe in the freedom of religion. Even though the government has not, in the past, honored the right "to petition the government for a redress of grievances" to all its citizens. But I digress.

The University of Michigan in Dearborn is using tax dollars to pay for Muslim foot baths at the school, to be ready for the incoming students, to be more specific, for the 11% of Muslim students. Did they pay for the LDS Institute building there? No. Have they accommodated the 37% of Catholic students at the university? No. Not a single dollar has been allocated or spent to create confessionals Catholic students may easily access.

Did tax dollars build Notre Dame? No. Did tax dollars build Brigham Young University? No. Did tax dollars build Abilene Christian University? No, no, and no.

Imagine my surprise that the New York City Public School District allocated funds and are in the process of building a Muslim school; with a religious advisory board, a Qu'uran driven curriculum and have absolutely no problem with it.

There are numerous, privately funded, religious K thru 12 schools in the United States. I didn't see tax dollars funding those places, not in the slightest.

Correct me if I'm wrong? Christians can't pray in school. Christian's can't pray at sporting events Christians can't display the Ten Commandments -- ANYWHERE! Christians cannot have religiously affiliated clubs at school. Christians can't . . . Christians can't . . . Christian's can't!
But Muslims are allowed to have their tax dollar built school in New York City?

Are you kidding me? Where's the outrage and the lawsuits now? Where are the outraged citizens demanding no religion in schools at all? No religion in our city parks? No religion on our city streets? No Christmas for anyone? Where are these people?

The double standard is amazing, okay, amazing is not the right word. Shocking, even stunning might be more accurate. Hannity and Colmes covered this story on their show this last week and you can believe that I will be researching this further. If tax dollars can fund a Muslim school unregulated by the public school system, then that sets the precedence for all other religions in the United States to get tax dollars to build religious curriculum driven K thru 12 schools in their cities and states as well. Get busy folks, there's a lot of petitioning and building to do. The precedence has been set.
Public Dollars to Build a Muslim School in New York Public Dollars to Build a Muslim School in New York Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, July 30, 2007 Rating: 5

8 comments:

  1. We also have this problem in Holland. We are known to be very tolerant people, but even here they can sometimes go too far. Most of the time this problem is solved by the community (and tax money), and the people themselves, paying for building their Mosque, schools and Haman's etc. because they pay taxes too!
    And if at school they want a special praying room, they can have it, other religions can have it too if they insist. Unless they don't respect our law and rules, we don't have a problem with things like that at all. If they DO go too far, we'll definitaly speak up! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what is going to happen here in the United States. But I know this . . . they will not turn this into a Muslim country. This is a Christian nation, founded and built by Christians. If they wish to live here peaceful, coexist peacefully and abide by our laws, I'm good with.

    The whack jobs have to stay out of our country though. We have too many homegrown idiots to have to take in the world's too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will definitaly NOT let Holland turn into a Muslim country either, I absolutely agree with you on that. The problem mostly is, that the good people alway stand in the shadow of the 'idiots' you refer to, Muslim or otherwise. Right now, there's a huge discussion going on about weather Turkey should join the EU or not. At this moment, NO thank you! First let them take care of a secure political system / government, and a more women-friendly attitude!
    Their morals and values are so much different from ours at this moment, it's just not the right time yet. They just wouldn't fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a tough row to hoe -- isn't it!

    It requires the good and apathetic to stand up and make a stand. To stand for religious toleration, but not stand for religious domination of entire nation with converting by the sword.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know as soon as you find out who we should petition and I'm all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll write an updated blog as soon as I find out. It is so outrageous I swear, if I wasn't the person that I am, I wouldn't know where to start. Fortunately, I am who I am and I know exactly where to start.

    With Shaun Hannity -- which is where I saw the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double standard and a large dose of hypocrisy to boot. Having a Muslim school is fine, having any special interest group be funded by everyone especially in light of the whole keep religion and state separate is another. Sad bit of news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Without question and precisely my point. My religion has a number of religiously oriented schools. Privately paid for, of course. People must really stand up and be heard. I think calling the NYC school district responsible would be the first thing to do and not stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.