Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Millie's Yellow Cake

One of the greatest things about growing up in my childhood home was my mother's Millie's Yellow Cake.

From my earliest memory, Mom used to mix together the ingredients for Millie's Yellow Cake and cook 90% of it. The rest, she'd put on the table, give each of us a spoon and we'd dig in. I picked up some valuable, as far as cooking, from that lifetime of digging into that amazing batter. If the batter tastes good the cake will taste good. It's always worked for me. Millie's Yellow Cake IS THE BEST!

So I'm so happy to share with you today the recipe for my mother's (who is not Millie, and I have no idea who Millie actually is) yellow cake. Best served and eaten sans frosting. Frosting can be put on it, but the taste alone, eaten just as shown above, is the most wonderful thing!



Preheat oven to 375°

In large mixing bowl, combine:

2 1/2 C. Flour
1 2/3 C. Sugar
1 t. Salt
3 1/2 t. Baking Powder

Mix, then add:

1 1/4 C. Milk
1 C. Oil
3 Eggs
1 t. Vanilla

Beat until smooth, pour into cake pans and bake for 30 Minutes. Just thought you’d like to know, this is the most delicious cake batter ever. My siblings and I like to make a batch, cook most of it and take spoons to the remaining batter. Yummy!

Happy Eating.

Sponsored by:


Recipe: Millie's Yellow Cake Recipe: Millie's Yellow Cake Reviewed by Candace Salima on Monday, September 01, 2008 Rating: 5