Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls

I just adore warm, gooey cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven. We used to have a Cinnabon in our town, but they pulled up stakes and moved on out. Guess they didn't like the new terms of their lease with the mall they were located in. It was a sad, sad day for all of us cinnamon rolls fans when they left. Really, Christmas shopping just isn't the same without taking a break at the Cinnabon!

Years and years ago I had a fantastic recipe for cinnamon rolls but it somehow was lost in the shuffle of many moves. I began searching again and found another that was okay, but not as good as I remembered and began to fiddle. Yeah, I know, that's what I do.

Here's one recipe I'm fond of, although it still isn't just quite right. But it is pretty darn good. So enjoy . . . there's just nothing like warm cinnamon rolls. Mmmmmm.

Cinnamon Rolls

1 C warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 C butter, melted
4 1/2 C bread flour (really does make a difference in the consistency)
1 t. Salt
1/2 C white sugar
2 1/2 t. rapid rise yeast

Place ingredients in the bread machine in the ordered recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle and press Start.

Combine sugar, cinnamon and butter into a smooth mixture, set aside.

2 C brown sugar
5 T. cinnamon
2/3 C butter, softened

Take dough out of bread machine and let rise until it is doubled in size and then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly across the rolled out dough. Roll up dough and cut into 12 1" slices. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13" baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled (approximately 30 minutes.) Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

Bake rolls in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown. (Do not let get dark brown. While rolls are baking, beat the following ingredients until smooth.

1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 C butter softened
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

Spread cream cheese frosting over warm cinnamon rolls before serving.

Happy Eating! Make sure you take a walk afterward. Trust me. You're going to need the exercise.

Return to the Neighborhood.

And while you're there, subscribe to the yourLDSneighborhood Newsletter. In addition to being able to shop in the new virtual neighborhood, the newsletter brings you articles, products, services, resources and interviews from around the world-all with an LDS focus. Look for issues delivered to your email inbox every week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Recipe: Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls Recipe: Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 Rating: 5

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those look incredibly good!

    So, is Kathleen still missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm .... Yum, yum, yum Candace!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kathleen is still missing. It just breaks my heart that her family has to go through this. I fear that she has passed from this life and I am so sad about it. I miss her daily blogs, but I'm praying hard for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. These look divine! And, I actually have all of the ingredients here in my house. Right now. With no trip to the store.

    What am I waiting for?????

    sf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.