Convention of Statesmen

ads

And ...

A number of things that have me a little hot under the collar . . .

Environmentalists (such as Tim deChristopher) who think they are all that because they manage to throw a monkey wrench into the financial livelihoods of Americans. Personally, I hope the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) forces him to come up with his multi-million dollar bids and then fine his butt for fraud! Then I'd like to see him thrown into prison on a number of charges which could easily be levied against him. What a pig! He needs to crawl back under that rock he came out from under and stay there! As you watch gas prices continue to climb, keep this guy's face in your mind's eye. Right now, he's the poster boy of who to blame, the self-righteous, smug little twit! Hope his girlfriend dumps him.

And . . .

People who have such a disturbing lack of respect for life that they routinely destroy anything of goodness, light and hope. Really . . . those people needs a "come to Jesus" moment unlike any others I can think of right now. Be they terrorist, criminals (oh, I know, seriously redundant), mean people (yeah, Robert from 4th grade, I haven't forgotten you) . . . all of you destroyers of light. Seriously ticking me off.

And . . .

Obama and the Congress thinking we have a trillion more dollars to pour into the economy. Holy crud! Where do they think they are going to get that money? From China? No thanks! From the Fed? No thanks! From the Middle East? No thanks! From the American Taxpayer? Are you kidding me? You've given us such a financial burden our grandchildren will still be struggling to get out from under it! Knock it off! Don't follow the mistakes of the administrations who drew the Great Depression out. Be wise. Spending us into oblivion is not the answer!

And seriously, AND . . .

The University of Utah Utes have been ROBBED by the BCS. Now, I know the nancy boys at the BCS formed their "club" to prevent anyone such as BYU or the U of U from ever being number one again, but come on! The Utes have the only undefeated record in the nation. They are Number 1. Without question. Not Oklahoma. Not anyone else! How cowardly, how despicable, how unbelievably brazen to declare teams, who have losses, as number one. How pathetic! Can you believe the polls had the nerve to rank Alabama, whom the Utes SPANKED in the Sugar Bowl, higher than Utah? I am disgusted beyond all belief and do not accept these crooked polls findings. Utah is Number 1. Shame on you BCS. All of you need to slink back home, crawl under your beds and stay there. How can you even show your faces in public? And to top it off, I'm annoyed I'm having to defend the Utes, seeing how I bleed BYU blue. But an injustice like this should not slip by unnoticed.

And . . .

On the brighter side. I just read that BYU is opening up against Oklahoma on September 5th, 2009. Oh yeah! I am really, REALLY looking forward to that matchup. Yes, BYU did not end their season on a great note, but . . . I have faith in my BYU Cougars and have no doubt they can give Oklahoma the long awaited spanking they deserve. Go Cougars!

And . . .

The Orem Tigers Varsity Basketball team is currently undefeated and being dissed by their opponents (sheesh, how familiar). My nephew, Austin, is on that team, and seriously, they kick butt. Their regular season begins on Friday, January 9th and I'm loving it. I am a Tigers fan through and through. Hey, where the nephews play is where I cheer! Austin's little brother, Dylan, also plays for the Tigers and I love to watch his sweet 3-pointers swish through the net! I love watching those boys play basketball! Go Tigers!

And . . .

I have so many new friends in Nigeria who desperately want to give me money! Millions and millions of dollars. I am breathless at their trust in me and am trying so hard to narrow down who I can help by taking all the money they want to give. Aren't people just amazing . . . their emails come more and more frequently and I just know I'm special. I can't believe they found me out of all the billions of people on earth. Wow. Yeah, I'm convinced there is a special little place in hell for people like this.

Oh well, I'm just going to enjoy the piles and piles of snow we're getting (really, I am), the company and companionship of the best friends and family on earth, my husband whom I adore and the fact I still live in a free America, for however short a time that may be.

Happy Winter to one and all!
And ... And ... Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 Rating: 5

8 comments:

  1. I should totally have my daughter read this blog entry. She can so relate. Sometimes things just make ya want to go GRRRR! and she needs some good GRRRR time at the moment.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! =)

    In other news, my word verification was "ploota". Dang, that's one fabulous word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keeley, these "grrrr" moments just add up until you have to vent eventually. These were mine. They kept happening while I was recovering from my surgery until I had so many "I have to write about that" that I decided to do it all in one blog.

    We had a great Christmas, I hope you did to. Christ is literally the best time of the year for me. I adore Savior and the celebration of His birth.

    I hope your Christmas was good too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't be bottling up your feelings so much. Just let them out.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candace:

    The government bailout proposed by Congress and Obama are like dipping out buckets of water from the deep end in order to raise the water level in the shallow end of the pool. It doesn't create any new real growth in the economy. Its all smoke and mirrors and at the end of the day we will be a trillion dollars in debt with an economy right where it was when we started. The water level will still be shallow.

    The problem we're in is a liberals dream come true. They can spend, spend, spend, and everyone is going to go along like lambs before the slaughter.

    Get your money out of your savings account, buy something solid like some land or some gold or some food storage and hold on. It aint gonna be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't have said it any better myself, David. You are SO RIGHT! And thanks for offering such excellent advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to ask, though - if we buy gold, are we going to be able to find people willing to trade in gold later on?

    My other comment - so, this student wants to save the canyonlands so we can then lose our freedom to the terrorists? Interesting mindset ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. At your expense, I totally enjoyed that post! I'm laughing *U*

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the U of U is now ranked number 2. Still being robbed, but better. Florida does not deserve it's number one ranking, they have a loss. The Utes do not.

    Tristi - a question I've often wondered about myself. Seems to me, if things get really bad, food is going to be higher commodity than gold. I could be wrong though.

    Ali - laugh away. Alvin said he laughed pretty hard too. I wasn't laughing when I wrote it, but when I went back and read it after Alvin told me that, I laughed too. Those things had been building up during my two week recovery when I kept saying "As soon as I feel better I'm going to write about ..."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.