Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Country White Bread

Last week I gave you the recipe for my mother's amazing chili beans. I kid you not, I have many memories of sitting around the dinner table digging into Mom's chili, laughing, talking, just catching up with everyone's activities during the day. That's what the dinner table was for us, the place where we got together and bonded as a family.

So here's the incredible bread recipe that goes with Mama Micki's chili. You can cook it as a loaf, or break it up into balls of dough, flatten them out and fry them in hot oil for, what we called, flapjacks. They make great scooping implements.



Country White Bread for the Breadmaker

Add in order to breadmaker:

1 1/4 cups of warm water
3 T butter
2 C white flour
3 T white sugar
1 t. salt
1 C white flour
1 packet yeast

Cook in breadmaker or select the dough option.

If you select the dough option: Once the breadmaker has completed the cycle, place dough in oiled breadpan and let rise one more time.

Cook for 30 minutes in 400 degree oven. Once bread is removed from oven, brush top of bread with butter. Let bread cool for 20 to 30 minutes and serve with Mama Micki's Chili.

Happy Eating!

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Country White Bread Recipe: Country White Bread Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, August 04, 2008 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. The bread looks mouth-watering. Oh how I long for a piece of old fashioned fresh baked bread! It's been more than four years since I have had any...and I never will be able to sample a piece again...I have Celiac Disease. I do make a gluten free bread in the bread maker...it smells just as good, but not quite the same as what you picture here. Mmmmm. I can just smell it and taste it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.