Convention of Statesmen

ads

US Daily Review: Protesting and Trayvon Martin

US Daily Review is now ranked in the top 16,000 of over 117 MILLION blogs. It is about to break the top 1,000 of all US politics blogs. I hope you sponsor this new media leader. It is such a privilege to be contributing to this wonderful news site.

Bye Mom, I’m Off to Protest 
Posted on 02 May 2012
By Candace Salima, US Daily Review Contributor

Yesterday, the Occupy Wall Street folks made their way out of their parents’ basements, took the sack lunches their mothers had made, laced up their Nikes and headed into the heart of downtown. They worked themselves into a frenzy, and in Seattle at least, they vandalized and destroyed business after business, putting Washingtonians out of work for the foreseeable future while repairs are made, insurance claims are filed, and business owners struggle to figure out how to keep their doors open.

In New York, they walked down the street protesting…what I’m not sure. They held signs that claimed they were the 99%, but I have to be honest, they don’t look like any 99% I've ever seen. White powder was sent in envelopes to banks and businesses claiming they weren't in charge, “the people” were. -- Read More

Use Your Words!
Posted on 25 April 2012
By Candace Salima, US Daily Review Contributor

Do you remember hearing those words as a child? I do. Anytime I would get so angry I’d resort to violence, I would hear my mother say “use your words.” Looking at the George Zimmerman/Trayon Martin case and the rash of ‘black on white’ attacks we’ve seen across America ever since, these words keep coming back to mind.

From the man walking in Chicago set upon by a gang of black youths “angry about Trayvon Martin,” to those who set upon the young pregnant woman, to the black youth who attacked the white man because he was also so angry about Trayvon Martin. Seriously people, is there any wonder you get shot at? Each of the victims in the above cases would have been well within their constitutionally given rights to pull out a gun and shoot their attackers. -- Read More

Note from Candace: It is such a pleasure and honor to be working author/journalist/talk show host, Kevin Price on his new venture US Daily Review. There you will find articles covering every subject written by journalists whose viewpoint and style of writing is engaging and informative. I invite you to visit www.usdailyreview.com and become a fan of the news site, as I have.

On Saturday morning I will have my review of the movie Avengers. On Sunday morning you can drop by US Daily Review and check out my review of the book Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. Catch you on the flip side.

Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

US Daily Review: Protesting and Trayvon Martin US Daily Review: Protesting and Trayvon Martin Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, May 03, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.