Convention of Statesmen

ads

Wow! I can't believe the changes in my life!

I can't believe I haven't blogged since July 25th. For me, that is a stunning lapse of time. To all my friends in Blogland, I do apologize.

I have been heavily involved in the immigration issues here in Utah, not to mention the public land issues. I am proud of Arizona for stepping up and taking charge. Governor Jan Brewer and the Arizona state legislature finally said, "If the federal government won't do its job, then we will do it for them because we're dying down here."

Here in Utah we face a similar situation. Our illegal immigrant population is out of control and demanding we continue to give them welfare, free healthcare, instate tuition, driving privileges, the right to vote, blah, blah, blah. Arizona's economy is nearly destroyed by the overburdening of their entitlement programs by illegal immigrants. Phoenix has become the #2 kidnap capitol in the world because the Mexican drug cartels have moved in wholesale. Murders, kidnaps, rapes, burglaries, extortion, blackmail, scams, drug related crimes have all skyrocketed and Arizona was left reeling. When they passed their immigration law, and good for them, they decided to defend their citizens where the federal government has refused to do so.

Illegal immigrants there in Arizona said, "Fine, we'll move to California and Utah," and the exodus began. Already, here in Utah, we've seen a rise in our illegal immigrant population.

Many people ask me why I am anti-immigrant. But I'm not anti-immigrant. My own father was a legal immigrant from Amsterdam, Holland. The day he became an American citizen was one of the proudest days of his life and he was a fierce American patriot. He loved this great nation with everything in him. I am anti-illegal immigrant. Is it so much to ask that our laws be respected?

Interestingly, 72% of illegal immigrants who come to this nation commit identity fraud. If we accept the number of illegal immigrants in our nation to be at 12,000,000 (and I do believe it to be closer to 20,000,000) then there are 8,640,000 American directly being victimized by illegal immigration. And it's not a quick victimization. If you are the victim of identity fraud you know how all-encompassing and destroying it is. And now, the latest news report says the most recent targets of identity fraud are American children. So when that child reaches the age of 18 and tries to do anything, he or she will find their credit has already been destroyed beyond repair.Their abilities to get jobs, go to school, rent or buy a home will be gone. Do you begin to see the problem?

Our crime rates have skyrocketed thanks to the fact that 1 of every 3 illegal immigrants also happens to be a hardened criminal. The drug traffic along our main corridor, I-15, is strictly from Mexico. 97% of drugs in my own country are courtesy of Mexico and their drug cartels. 

It is time for America to do something and do it now! We must secure our border. It's porousness is not only killing our economy, it is killing our people and is a huge security threat. The #2 jumpers of our southern border have now become Middle Easterners ... anyone want to take a wild guess who still wants America dead?

And so, I have been researching the issues. Been happy that Utah has also stepped up and our own immigration legislation is about to make its debut in January, if understand Rep. Stephen Sandstrom correctly. Earlier, if I am wrong and I do hope I'm wrong on that.

And what else has gone in my life? Well, my sweetheart's body has rejected the kidney transplant. He is back on dialysis and on the transplant list. It's been a rough few months with an extended hospital stay. But we are in good spirits, reminding ourselves our very blessed we are and just taking the obstacles as they come. I have to say, I am truly in awe of my sweet husband. He is so strong, both physically, emotionally and spiritually. He still works full-time. We still spend time with family and friends (how could anyone survive life without such.) We are working hard to better ourselves, spiritually, emotionally and physically. We love one another and so grateful for every single day we have together. Life is so precious, so very precious.

And last, but possibly the most interesting, I am now the host of my own television talk show. Isn't that a kick in the pants!? Who ever thought this would come about. Not me that is for sure. Someone asked me the other day if I'd always wanted to have my own television show, and I had to be honest when I said, "no."

But, the offer came my way about 3 weeks ago and we already have four shows in the can.

September 5th: Mike Lee (U.S. Senate Candidate), and Jessie Funk will be debuting her brand new music video "Dance in the Rain" and we'll chat with her for a moment as well. 

September 12th: Darcy Van Orden (Utah Rising and Tea Party) and The Nashville Tribute Band.

September 19th: William Edward Skokos (President, American Resource Petroleum) and Shaun Barrowes

September 26th: Michele Ashman Bell (Author of 20+ books) and Daniel Beck

I chose some of my favorite people for the first month of my show. I believe it will be interesting, informative and definitely entertaining. The show debuts on September 5, 2010 on Fox13 and Comcast 96. If you are not  local, then you may watch the show on our website!


Exciting days ahead, no question!

Valor Publishing Group is still open and publishing books. I am easily dovetailing both the show and my company.

I am still writing. Yeah, I know...when? Promise I have two books coming out next year. And yes, they are the books I've been working on forever.

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
Wow! I can't believe the changes in my life! Wow! I can't believe the changes in my life! Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, August 16, 2010 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jason Deere lives in our ward. =) Pretty dang cool you have him on your show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    That is so hard about your husband. My Aunt had a lung transplant years ago and so I know some of what you are going thru.

    Congratulations on your TV show! I will have to watch it online. I enjoyed your podcasts so I'm glad you are taking your talent for interviewing to the next level.

    I agree with you on the immigration issue.

    I am also glad to hear you will be publishing a few more books soon!

    I adore "Forged in The Refiner's Fire."

    And... I just this week read "Out of the Shadows, Into the Light." WOW. I couldn't put the book down! As an aspiring writer myself, I am in awe of your gift to really convey such raw emotional intensity. Not just gloss over it.. but really describe it in a way that the reader actually feels it.

    I was also really impressed with the character development. You were in the mind of a 15 year old boy as well as a 30 something year old woman and you were right on for both as well as your other characters. I felt like I really got to know the minor characters as well... even the ones who were only described such as the Grandpa.

    In short, I think that you are a very beautiful writer!

    I hope you write more books in the Lost Canyon Springs series. I have such crushes on Slade and Sam... both examples of excellent men!

    Elizabeth-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace,

    It is good to read you again. I've missed your blogging.

    First of all, how cool is THAT TV show gig? As a teenager, I always used to dream of having my own talk show. That is exciting. How are Tennesseans supposed to watch it?

    And one little sidenote to the immigration issue. It struck me deep in my bones the last time I was reading the Book of Mormon that illegal immigration was prophesied so very long ago. This land is their land..their promised land. pretty crazy. and depressing to us white folk. I will have to send some of those chilling verses your way, but I know you can read them for yourself.

    Reading your blog leaves me exhausted. How do you do it all? Wonder woman!

    My blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alice. Anyone outside of Fox13 can watch the show on the website where it will be streamed. http://thecandacesalimashow.com.

    You are so sweet! I'm sorry that I've been so busy I forgot to blog. Promise to never do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see you're back again. Talk about busy!
    Thanks for keeping us up to date about the illegal immigration situation in Utah. I'm all for legal immigration. That's how everyone came to America...yes even the Native Americas. There's a theory that they came here from the Behring Strait.
    I hope all goes well for Alvin.
    Much luck on your new show.
    Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.