- Mandating and enforcing the denial of federal and state welfare benefits to illegal immigrants;
- Investing in the technology, personnel, and physical infrastructure necessary to secure the southern border;
- Enforcing existing immigration laws;
- Improving and promoting the use of E-Verify--a nationwide immigration--status verification system designed to enable employers to ascertain quickly and accurately whether would-be employees are authorized to work in the United States;
- Clarifying the original intent of the Citizenship Clause through legislation specifying that children born to illegal-alien parents in the United States are not entitled to automatic citizenship; and
- Making clear that illegal aliens will not receive amnesty in any form, and must return to their own countries before applying for a U.S. visa.
The Constitution makes clear that the federal government is responsible for making and enforcing laws governing immigration. The federal government has dropped the ball in this regard, allowing -- and in some instances even encouraging -- tens of millions of people to enter our borders illegally. Congress needs to fix this problem by:
Learn more at www.mikelee2010.com.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
Mike Lee: A Moment of Truth on Immigration Reviewed by Candace Salima on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 Rating: