Convention of Statesmen

ads

Ronald Reagan's 40th Anniversary D-Day Speech

In the late spring of 1944 American soldiers stormed the beach at Normandy and it was these soldiers who fought for life and gave their own as the price. In the cemeteries of France are bodies of these soldiers who gave their lives in order that Europe would be free from the tyranny of Adolf Hitler.

Ronald Reagan commemorates D-Day:



Why, I wonder, does the world hate America so bad? Our men and women have given their lives all over this world to further the cause of freedom for all mankind. World War I. World War II. The Korean War. The Vietnam War. The Persian Gulf War. The War on Terror. What of the natural disasters across the world where America stepped in with supplies and manpower to rescue men, women and children devastated by nature? What of those American charities who pour monies, food, supplies and manpower into nations across the world in need of help? What of those American charities who spend days, months and years teaching underdeveloped nations how to farm, ranch, do business, etc.

So, on this day, the anniversary of D-Day I wish to thank American soldiers, men and women who have sacrificed greatly so that others might live lives free of tyranny, starvation and sorrow. I thank the American soldier for being willing to lay down their lives in defense of America and the Constitution. I thank the American soldier for leaving families, lives, school, jobs and careers in order to preserve freedom across the world. I simply thank the American soldier for ... being.
Ronald Reagan's 40th Anniversary D-Day Speech Ronald Reagan's 40th Anniversary D-Day Speech Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, June 06, 2009 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.