Convention of Statesmen

ads

Out of the Mouths of Babes

A response on one of my posts about Barack Obama gave me such a flash of hope for this nation. Here's the comment:
Funny you should mention Hitler. My daughter once surprised me by saying that Obama was like Hitler.

When I asked her to clarify she said "He believes in really scary things, but nobody's paying attention to that because he's so charismatic. He'll sneak it in the back door and everyone will say "How did that happen?" when it happened because they were too busy being enchanted by him to look at what he REALLY believes in."

Wow. That's one smart girl. =) -- Proud Mama, Keeley.
Keeley, your daughter, I hope, is not alone in her thinking. She gives me hope for the future.

New: I just realized this is my 1 Year Anniversary of entering Blogland! How very cool is that? I have Tristi Pinkston to thank for getting me on board with the new way of journaling, expressing thought and opinion, and just basically having a blast! Happy Anniversary to Me!
Out of the Mouths of Babes Out of the Mouths of Babes Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, July 03, 2008 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. Yes, that really is the comment that stuck with me the most as well. She really is a very smart girl! I don't know how old she is, but for a young girl to already see through him... shows she has good knowledge of human character.
    That sneaky behaviour is exactly what's so dangerous about him, and distracts and misleads everyone around him.
    Oh, she's not alone! Keep faith and hope!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I see two more people have dropped by who are clearly Obama fans. They gave this post a 1 Star rating, but didn't leave any comments. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is an Obama fan. I don't know what happened, I tried to raise her better than that. (I'm not kidding, here...) I sent her a quote that Obama said at a recent interview and she totally went ballistic on me in an e-mail. I wish more young people were as smart as Keeley's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both! I'm getting lots of Obama fans dropping by and dropping the rating on this post. I have to laugh. Go Keeley's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogger-versary!! I wanted to mention in my previous posts how much I love your new site look! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.