Convention of Statesmen

ads

What I've done on LDSBlogs.com lately

Obedience: The First Law of Heaven

The scriptures are filled with examples of what happens when we are obedient, and conversely, disobedient.

Noah was commanded to build a boat and gather the animals, male and female, because the Lord was going to flood the earth due to the extreme wickedness. (Good thing He promised to never do that again!) Noah obeyed and because he did, every single one of us is here. Every human being on this earth today is descended from Noah. Read More --

Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen?

It's a common question asked amongst the good people of the world, no matter your religion, race or creed: "Why does God let bad things happen?"

No one, and I mean no one, escapes suffering in this phase of our eternal existence we call mortality or life. It's just the way it is. We came from heaven, known as premortality, determined to do our best, to prove to our Heavenly Father that we could be more like Him and His Son, Jesus Christ.

In heaven we were given the opportunity to make a choice. We could follow Heavenly Father's plan or we could follow Satan's. By virtue of your physical existence, you chose Heavenly Father's. The sticking point between the two plans? Free Agency. Read More --


If I Had 30 Minutes With Jesus Christ

I have a rather unique mind with a vivid imagination. That's a combination that can get me into trouble on occasion. It also can paint scenarios in my mind that can take me on trips filled with hills, valleys and surprising curves, thus the topic of this blog came about.

If I had 30 minutes with Jesus Christ what would I do? Well, first I'd ask Him to stay longer, natch. But in all seriousness there is so much I would want to ask, so much I would want to learn . . . just to bask in the presence of our Lord and Savior, I cannot begin to imagine the incredible feelings which would wash over me. Read More --



Standing as Witnesses of Jesus Christ

I am a daughter of God. As such, I believe strongly that there is much I have to do in this life to prove to my Heavenly Father that He was right to send me to this earth that I might prove myself in this phase of eternity. Mortality.

The Plan of Salvation tells us we lived before we came to this earth. No, I am not speaking of reincarnation, which is a false doctrine, but of premortality, that phase of eternity where we lived as spirit children of our Heavenly Father. It was there we learned about the plan of salvation and the opportunity Heavenly Father would give us to come to earth, having proven ourselves in our first estate; having chosen the side of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the War in Heaven (Revelations 12:7-12) and been granted the gift of a physical body and the chance to prove ourselves in our second estate. Read More --


Are We Born Again?

When we fully come unto Jesus Christ, are we born again?

Conversion is a process, not an event. Conversion comes as a result of righteous efforts to follow the Savior. These efforts include exercising faith in Jesus Christ, repenting of sin, being baptized, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end in faith.

Although conversion is miraculous and life changing, it is a quiet miracle. Angelic visitations and other spectacular occurrences do not bring conversion. Even Alma, who saw an angel, became converted only after he "fasted and prayed many days" for a witness of the truth (Alma 5:46). And Paul, who saw the resurrected Savior, taught that "no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." (1 Corinthians 12:3) - (Gospel Topics: Conversion, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, www.lds.org)

Lets examine these one by one . . . in order to be fully converted we must: Read More --



Developing our God-given Talents

Each of us comes into this world with gifts, talents and skills. Society holds the actress/actor, singer, writer, athlete or politician high as a standard of talent which has been groomed and perfected. But there are other talents, not as evident, which are of greater value in the world.

God gave all His children talents that, if developed and utilized properly, will aid Him in bringing all the children of God back home . . . where He anxiously awaits our return.

In the book of Matthew we read of a group of men who were given the same number of talents and then we learn what each did. Some grew their talents, others buried them in the earth to protect them. Guess which ones the Master was happiest with? Oh yes, the one who grew his talents. Equate those with the talents you have been given. Read More --



The America I Love

Today, as my husband and I were driving home from the gym, I heard Rush Limbaugh ask his listeners to think of the things about America that made us proud. I've had time to contemplate that throughout the afternoon.

My father, Fritz, was born in Amsterdam and was four-years-old when Hitler's armies filled the skies and streets of Holland. He remembers, at four years of age, awakening to the sounds of the bombers overhead and soldiers goose-stepping through the cobblestone streets. There began year after year of unmitigated hell in my father's life.

He vividly recalled the lines for food, hours upon hours of waiting to receive one egg for the month to feed their little family. He recalled the need for a permit from the Nazis to travel from one block to the next. His nightmares are filled with the Nazis piling out of their trucks lining up all the men and boys in the neighborhood and gunning them down. After meting out unspeakable horror upon the Dutch, the Nazis would pile back into their trucks and speed away. And yet another memory took him back to his mother fighting hand-to-hand combat with her Dutch neighbors to get to their top floor apartment. Read More --

What I've done on LDSBlogs.com lately What I've done on LDSBlogs.com lately Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, April 03, 2008 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. WOW! America is the land that I love, too. We are so richly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.