Convention of Statesmen

ads

My LDS Bookscreeners Author Interview!

At the LDS Storymakers Writers Conference in March, a recorded video of an author interview I did was premiered. I hadn't seen it before. The first time I laid my eyes on it was in the internet marketing class Tristi Pinkston and I were teaching. Wow!

I was blown away, although there are two things I noticed, visually (all on me), that made me crazy. See if you can figure out what they are and then tell me what you think. What kind of impact does the video itself make on you? Do you think this will be successful in helping me to sell this book?



In May, I believe, is when I get to see the book screener (similar to a movie trailer) of Forged in the Refiner's Fire. In essence, a book screener brings the book to life for 1 to 3 minutes, and is the next great best thing for letting readers know more about the book. I'll premier that here as well!

After reading the book, would each of you please head out to Amazon.com and write a review for it? I'd appreciate that so much!
My LDS Bookscreeners Author Interview! My LDS Bookscreeners Author Interview! Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, April 04, 2008 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. How fun Candace!! And I'm way excited for you guys...I'll bet you can hardly wait for May. And...I've tagged you on my blog, so fess up on 7 things when you have a chance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice anything -- you're going to have to give me a hint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan & I were in your class and saw the screener. She was impressed enough that she wants to read it.

    When does No Pressure No Diamonds come out?

    The only thing I noticed was the lighting was a little strong on the right side. Otherwise, I though it looked great. And I thought you were great in the way you expressed yourself. Was that scripted? Or off the cuff? I could never do something like that without cue cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaynell - yes, I'm very excited! The professionalism of the whole thing simply blew me away!

    Tristi - the hint is my shiny face and my head tilted to the side whole time as if I were in dire need of a chiropractor. I taped 20 minutes of interview, apparently, everything they edited out must have been, by sheer misfortune, the straight on head angles. It's humorous.

    Hi Karlene - I'm glad Megan was impressed enough that she wanted to read Forged. No, it wasn't scripted. They asked me questions, off camera, and I answered them. I was so tired when I went, but prayer really does work!

    No pressure, No Diamonds - we're still collecting the stories. They aren't coming as fast and furiously as they did before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just viewing the book screener made me cry. I love hearing and reading true stories of faith. I can't wait to get your books. I just ordered two on amazon.

    It sounds like you are going through your refiners fire yourself right now. My prayers are with you and your husband.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your book a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. I was very moved by so many of the stories. You guys have done a wonderful job and I certainly look forward to the next one. We'll be praying for you and Alvin over the coming weeks. Big, big hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.