Convention of Statesmen

ads

Holy Cow!

I'm not sure I've ever gone this long without posting something on my blog. I'll try to not let that happen again.

As I mentioned earlier, Alvin is home and getting better and stronger every day. I brought him home from the hospital on Monday and my sweet, stubborn husband was back at work by 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday. He's been sleeping a lot when he's not been at work. Can't imagine why.

I've been playing catch-up on a lot of things. Sheesh, what the heck happened in Pakistan? And now Bhutto is on house arrest. Sounds like Pakistan is about to explode, and it was in such a stable part of the world too . . . yeah, I am now the Queen of Sarcasm.

Fall is here in all her glory! Absolutely loving every crisp, sunny, cool, beautiful day of it!

BYU beat Colorado State last week and TCU last night. Always, always, always a good thing. My nephews are rockin' football fields across the Mountain West. Couldn't be prouder!

My house is a mess . . . my house used to be so clean all the time too. Flower beds pretty and neat. Vegetable garden weeded and bountiful (stupid Japanese beetle!) But now I'm just hangin' on by my fingernails. I will get control. I will get control. I will get control . . .

Blogger Babes are meeting for dinner tonight! I'm looking forward to that. Karlene over at Inksplasher has a wonderful little gift for everyone! I'm really looking forward to that! So ladies, R.S.V.P. this morning, if you haven't yet. And yes, I do have a number of women who have already R.S.V.P.'d and are planning to join us for the fun and festivities tonight.

Fragrance for the month of November: Whisper

Uhm, that might be all that my post of random thoughts has today . . . uh yeah, the living room is screaming for my attention as are the loads of laundry. Big, huge, honkin' sigh.

Here' s what's gone on at LDSBlogs since I last posted here!

In Times Like These
Reverence for Life
Teach Ye Diligently
Literacy
Condemn Me Not
David O. McKay: The Way, The Truth, The Life
Gordon B. Hinckley: Changing Society
George Osmond: Patriarch of the Osmond Clan
What is a Man of God?
What is the Melchizedek Priesthood?

Have an absolutely splendiferous day!
Holy Cow! Holy Cow! Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, November 09, 2007 Rating: 5

8 comments:

  1. You said it! Wyoming's going down and then the U of U -- San Diego and we've run the board! Go Cougars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candace

    Glad to hear Alvin is doing well enough to be back at work. Praise God!

    Can't wait to hear about your dinner with the Blogger Babes. Hope you took your camera this time.

    I've tagged you so stop by my blog when you get a chance.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi candace,
    glad alvin is back home now. yay nephews! boo laundry!

    so cool how you get to have blogger babe get-together there. sounds like a blast.

    are you going to load the rest of marie's video clips from dancing with the stars? would love to see them. i saw a brief clip of the bugle boy one. would love to see the whole bit if you have access to it. i loved it how you put all of her other ones here on your bloggy.

    blessings this day to you and hubby, kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Alvin is back home with you. Hope you get some much needed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to read your Alvin is back home and stubborn. It means he's trying to be himself - which is a good thing. :)

    I love the fall picture you found! I could stare at it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Life is finally starting to calm down for us and we're so happy. We feel so good about life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to hear it, candace. glad things are easing up finally for you both.

    peace and blessings to you guys, kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.