Convention of Statesmen

ads

Patriarch of Osmond Family Dies

SALT LAKE CITY 6 November, 2007 — George Osmond, father of the famous singing family The Osmond Brothers, has died.

Osmond passed away Tuesday morning in Utah. He was 90-years-old.

A cause of death was not immediately available.

Family spokesman Kevin Sasaki told The Associated Press Osmond died at home, likely from natural causes incident to his age as he had not been ill.

"I spoke to Jimmy Osmond and he said his father had a great day yesterday and was in good spirits," Sasaki said.

The death was first reported by "Entertainment Tonight's" Web site and was confirmed by the AP through a spokeswoman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, of which Osmond was a member.

Donny Osmond was in the ET studio getting ready to tape a segment for a show when he learned of his father's death. Marie Osmond performed Monday night on "Dancing With the Stars."

Osmond married his wife, Olive on Dec. 1, 1944. She died in 2004.

The couple were the parents of nine children, many of whom became singing stars.

Alan, Wayne, Merrill, and Jay Osmond first became famous as The Osmond Brothers, a barbershop quartet singing at Disneyland and on The Andy Williams Show.

Their brother Donny Osmond joined the group at age six and later hosted The Donny and Marie Show with his sister. The youngest son, Jimmy Osmond is also a performer.



My thoughts and prayers go out to the family at this time. George Osmond was an amazing husband and father and is now reunited with his beloved Olive. I pray that the family receives of that great comfort which the Savior so readily pours out upon each of us at times like these.
Patriarch of Osmond Family Dies Patriarch of Osmond Family Dies Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll pray for the family.

    I was so proud of Marie last night. She did an amazing job and looks wonderful.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she did a wonderful job last night too. I absolutely loved her Quick Step -- I think it's the best she's done so far.

    I'm certain the family will feel the strength of your prayers, Kat. At times like this, pray is the best thing we can offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, if you get a chance, could you remind Marie of Alma 16:8. "But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." Of course she knows this, but I found it such a perfect way to sum up what I was feeling when my father died. It's always hard for a girl to lose her father, but we KNOW it's only a temporary separation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, 90 years old- what an awesome time to live! I'm positive he had a great life and adores his children. What can you ask more of? I think it will be sad for the family who will miss his presence here on earth- but congratulations on his next step in the eternitites! Yipppeeee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad for the family, missing him now, but I'm so happy for him to be reunited with his beloved wife. I met him once, way back in about 1974 and he was so kind to all of us loopy girls! I can't believe he was 90 years old - of course, I can't believe I'm 50 either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time does fly doesn't it? It's always hard to lose someone in your family, especially when it is the patriarch or matriarch. But Father Osmond missed his sweetheart so much and couldn't wait to be with her again. I'm certain they are together and enjoying the reunion. Now on to the resurrection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.