Convention of Statesmen

ads

You Know You're Living in 2007 When . . .

I found this hysterical list on another blog -- can't remember who's, but one I visit often. I had to post it today!

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.

2. You haven't played Solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 4.

4 You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 50) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your breakfast.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12 You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to share this message with.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't#9 on this list AND NOW YOU ARE LAUGHING at yourself.

Wow -- I am guilty of just about everything on that list! Almost everything. I've never entered my password into the microwave - the rest -- I'm pleading the fifth on the explanations.

Okay - here's an announcement. I am now officially blogging for a fantastic new website called LDSBlogs.com. I am so excited about this opportunity to share my knowledge of the gospel. I am blogging in two different categories: Leaders in the Church and Basic Beliefs of Mormons. I couldn't have asked for a more tailor-made job.

Today, as I wrote my very first posts I felt a light-filled joy sweep through me. There is really nothing I love more than sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings untold amounts of happiness. If I could just travel around and do firesides, of course be independently wealthy so that I could afford it, I would be the happiest person on the face of the earth. Testifying of Christ across the globe? Are you kidding me? That would be incredible.

I prayed so hard for a job that would bring the needed amount of income and allow me to still stay home and manage my husband's care and illness. Working out of the home was something that simply was not an option. This job was an answer to prayer. Pure and simple, there is no denying that fact.

So I'm going to be very bold, even bodacious and I'm going ask all of you a HUGE favor. Would you please add these to your daily trip through Blogland. Please, please, please make comments when you do drop by. The more traffic I pull in the greater my bonuses. So if you drop by, please make a comment. See you there! And please spread the news, if you will?
You Know You're Living in 2007 When . . . You Know You're Living in 2007 When . . . Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 Rating: 5

15 comments:

  1. Here's one I did...I was calling a phone number that had words in the number, I don't remember what it was, but say it was 1800GOCOUGS...

    Well, I started trying to dail the letters the way you would text. Hit 2 three times to get to C, etc. Durrrr....I felt like an idiot when I realized why it wasn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so bad about not keeping in touch with extended family if they don't have email.

    cute fun list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous on the job, Candace! I've been blogging in the LDS section of Families.com since the beginning of September and just love it. Thank you again for helping me get on there. Isn't it great to work from home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen - me too!

    Tristi - It is indeed, I'm so grateful to be able to work from home! And you're welcome, blogging about the church is a really sweet job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the laughs and insight Candace. I really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Marne. I'm glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a good laugh!

    Good luck on the new site.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new blog job! I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat - you're welcome and thank you. I'm excited.

    Dancin Queen - thanks for dropping by the LDSBlogs site. It was great to see all my blogging friends dropping by yesterday. It gave me a boost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny list. I LOLd. I guess in days gone by that would have meant something entirely different. Lots of Love comes to mind :-)

    And the job sounds perfect for you, Candace. I wondered what the connection was when you commented on it on cre8Buzz. I'll have to hop on over later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That list is a little scary. We all need to learn to slow down :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne - when I read the list I giggled so much I had to share with my fellow Blogland citizens.

    Ordinary Mom - without question!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's one for you. You call your daughter on her cell phone and ask her to bring you toilet paper because you didn't notice it was all out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.