Convention of Statesmen

ads

Are you kidding me?! The Godfather?!

You will NEVER believe this! I took a test, I can't remember how I found it, about which movie I was. I think I'm insulted!


What Classic Movie Are You?
personality tests by similarminds.com

Are you kidding me? I might live by the Louis L'Amour code of "if you step on the toes of one Sackett you step on the toes of them all." I might defend and protect my family vociferously. I might include all my friends in my family and try to offer them the same protection. I might WANT to go knock off Osama bin Laden, but he deserves it right? I'M NOT THE GODFATHER!

I don't run drugs. I don't run prostitutes. I don't run extortion rings. I don't, I don't, I don't. I'm a nice girl, I am! So I think to myself, I'm going to take the "What kind of leader am I" test and feel better about myself. Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, oooh, oooh, ooh, George Washington. Huh? That would be me, right? NOT!

No, I'm not going to post who I ended up as, I'll just say he met a very satisfactory end. So my conclusion? These tests are totally crazy. This website also wanted me to take a personality test (what am I crazy?) -- a test to find out if I'm gay (pretty sure I'm not!) -- and a test to find out what my career personality is -- I think NOT!



Okay, maybe I'd like to kick some butt in Washington D.C., head over to the Middle East and pat our soldiers on the back and tell them "job well done," and find the people holding up my business deals and help them see the light . . . but I'd do it with a smile on my face and some love in my heart. Right?

I feel the need for a text I receive from a friend most often. It always seems to come at the time when I need it the most. That is something that is truly amazing. It is always very simple . . . You are loved. Never forget. So, I found this song, You Are Loved, by Josh Groban and had to share.



Just a thought. But when you receive the idea that you should call, text or email a friend, do it. You will never know the difference that it could make. Okay, now I feel better.

Is Hillary gone from this page yet? I'll add just a little more and maybe she'll be gone and the columns will be balanced. Cross your fingers for my fevered brain.

In 1963 (the year you were born)

Lyndon B. Johnson becomes president of the US

The atomic powered submarine, Thresher, sinks in the North Atlantic killing 129

A civil rights rally held by 200,000 blacks and whites, features Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech

President John F. Kennedy is assassinated as he rides in a motorcade through downtown Dallas

Betty Friedan publishes The Feminine Mystique, launching a middle-class feminist movement

Michael Jordan, Quentin Tarantino, Conan O'Brien, Johnny Depp, and Brad Pitt are born

Los Angeles Dodgers win the World Series

Chicago Bears win the NFL championship

Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

The Beatles receive their first #1 hit single, when "Please Please Me" tops the charts in the UK

Astroboy (known as Mighty Atom in Japanese) Japan's first ever anime was launched

NBC expands its evening network news program to 30 minutes

The television remote control is authorized by the FCC

Holy Cow!
Are you kidding me?! The Godfather?! Are you kidding me?! The Godfather?! Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, September 15, 2007 Rating: 5

8 comments:

  1. candace:
    you are awesome, you are dear, you are sweet, and you are wise. everytime i read your notes and emails, you always leave me smiling. you're great just the way you are. i don't always believe the silly little quizzes either, some i think are kinda fun. but i think you are just awesome, kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi candace:
    the quiz results say i am "mr smith goes to washington" - determining and doing the right thing is the foundation of your personality. now i liked this result :) take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen,

    I'm glad you enjoy it. "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"? That's WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY better than "The Godfather."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" too.

    HOWEVER.

    I took the leader test, and apparently I'm HITLER. What the heck??? How could they possibly have pulled that out of my responses? Bizarre.

    I wouldn't feel so bad about The Godfather, Candace - I interpret that as meaning you're very protective of friends, family and country. I think of that as a very positive trait. In a fight, I'd definitely choose you to be in my corner. The Godfather in you and the Mama Bear in me would take down all comers.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took the test and it said I was The Godfather also, so I clicked on the more results and it had more movies it felt it could also descride me: Mr. Smith, Schindler's List, Sunset Boulevard A Holluwood Story, Wuthering Heights, Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Easy Rider.... So I guess you can just pick whick ever movie you think fits! :) I think you are a good person who loves family/ friends and country and you always have a good comment to leave with your blog friends. have a great day and thanks for the happy thoughts sent my way... I got them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeley,

    Whew, that makes me feel better. It said I was Saddam Hussein. Crazy test! I'd definitely be in your corner.

    Carrie,

    Raiders of the Lost Ark, now, that makes me feel lost better! Thanks!

    Both of you have a wonderful day, you just made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candace, what a beautiful song! I hadn't heard it, so I enjoyed it a lot. I love Josh Groban, but I haven't kept up on his newer stuff.

    I was Schindler's List. Geez.

    And I did the famous leader and got someone I despise so immensely I refuse to put my name and his in the same sentence. 'Nuff said.

    Silly, silly games. At least they reaffirm who are NOT, even if they fail to determine clearly who we ARE.

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali --

    I feel your pain, believe me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.