Convention of Statesmen

ads

Pride Goeth Before the Fall

Since this is a somewhat humbling blog . . . being about pride and all, I thought I'd just post this beautiful mountain sunset picture and enjoy it for a moment. The mountains are my favorite place to be! Isn't that beautiful?

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, pride.

Whew -- since pride goeth BEFORE the fall, it's a good thing I came in on the relatively low end of the deal. Apparently, I still have work to do.

Your Pride Quotient: 34%

You're a little prideful, but nothing out of the norm.

Like everyone, you enjoy attention. But you're also good at sharing the spotlight!


Seriously, there is a lot of judgment going on in the world today. If you have values you're archaic. If you dress trashy, well then, you're trashy (okay, they may have a point there.) If you adhere to a religion and live by its principles and precepts you're a "goody-two-shoes" or one of the "opiate" induced masses. If you're a conservative "life ends as we know it" according to the liberals. It goes on and on.

Now, my husband accuses me of being a Pollyanna. I'll admit, I'm a glass half-full kind of gal. But come on, can't we all just get along? I get really sick of culture pride taken into the "accept me and my ways or I'll kill you" phase. I also get sick of being told if I don't like what somebody is doing I'm racist. Excuse me, if you kill someone . . . I'm pretty sure I don't like you because you're a murderer, not that you're purple, yellow or pink? Not a lot of judgment going on there?

Not sure where judgment comes into the pride thing? Don't ask me, my brain took a side trip and took my fingers along with it.

I think I digressed quite a bit there . . . so back to the sunshiney part. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, pride. So I'm a little prideful. Okay, I can live with that.
Pride Goeth Before the Fall Pride Goeth Before the Fall Reviewed by Candace Salima on Sunday, August 19, 2007 Rating: 5