Convention of Statesmen

ads

A Portent of Things to Come

Obama has stated over and over, ad nauseum, since the debate that his plan for America will save more money than it spends. So what are we to believe? I think we should look at how he’s running his campaign to establish a firm record:

NewsMax.com is reporting:

Barack Obama has been outspending John McCain on television advertising by a hefty margin of nearly 3-to-1 — an edge that’s helping to boost the Democrat’s campaign in key battleground states.

From Sept. 30 to Oct. 6, Obama spent more than $20 million on TV ads in 17 states, while McCain spent only $7.2 million in 15 states, according to Chris Cillizza, who writes “The Fix” column for The Washington Post.

“The spending edge enjoyed by Obama has been used almost exclusively to hammer McCain as both a clone of the current president and someone who is out of touch on key domestic issues — notably the economy,” Cillizza observes.

Obama’s big spending no doubt contributed to the McCain campaign’s decision last week to pull his TV ads in Michigan. Obama spent nearly $2.2 million on TV ads in Michigan in the past week, while McCain bought only $642,000 worth of TV time. The advantage was substantial even when considering the additional $1 million spent by the Republican National Committee.
According to figures obtained by Cillizza:

• In Florida, Obama spent more than $2.8 million on television spots in the last week, while McCain’s outlay was $623,000.

• Obama spent about $1.5 million on TV ads in North Carolina in the last week, compared to McCain’s $137,000.

• In Pennsylvania, Obama disbursed more than $3 million, compared to $1.2 million in spending by McCain and $807,000 by the RNC.

• McCain spent nothing in Indiana.

Among the states that Cillizza examined, only in Iowa and Minnesota did McCain have an advantage over Obama in TV spending.

But Cillizza noted that “spending by the RNC’s independent expenditure arm has kept McCain within shouting distance of Obama in several critical states including Ohio and Wisconsin.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

So I ask you again. Who is going to save Americans money, stabilize the economy by reigning back the federal government and being fiscally responsible? Hmmm . . . no brainer.

Confirmed: I am still a John McCain/Sarah Palin supporter. Weren’t they great on Hannity & Colmes last night?

A Portent of Things to Come A Portent of Things to Come Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, October 09, 2008 Rating: 5

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya, Candace, loud and clear and I am astonished every single day by Obama supporters. A woman said on another writer's group I'm on, "Palin couldn't name a single newspaper. That's it for me. I'm voting Obama." WHAT?!? After all the outright lies and ignorance of Biden and Barack?

    I've never seen so many people closed-minded and stupid the past month. No one can name one really good reason to vote for Obama.
    But he speaks well and they want his elusive idea of HOPE - a hollow word indeed without WORKS, ACTION, IDEAS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, INTEGRITY, and HONESTY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberley,

    You are so right. I heard a young college student, the day after the debate, state: "I don't like John McCain because he never tells us WHAT he's going to do, just that he's going to do it. (I know, apparently she has selective hearing. Imagine that.) Then she quickly added, "You know, he's going to overturn Roe vs. Wade and then what will I do."

    Holy crud! I knew it. This is what has made the left wing women so insane. They fear they won't be able to have random abortions in lieu of birth control, so they can't vote for John McCain. They also want to have everything given to them. These are the main reasons, they simply do not want to take personal responsibility. Period.

    What else am I to believe when you press the left on what their major objections to McCain/Palin are it always boils down to abortion. Even with Maureen Dowd and Gloria Steinem, those two stellar examples of womanhood. Not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, McCain isn't allowed to spend as much money as Obama is, because McCain accepted public campaign funds (which bring with them a lot of spending restrictions and regulations). There are plenty of factual reasons to dislike Obama, but I don't think this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I agree with Rob about the reasons why there's such disparity between the two campaigns spending habits, I still think Obama's campaign spending is a pretty good indicator of how he's going to use his money - our money - when he's in office.

    I think he has a careless attitude toward the money he is spending now. There is simply no good reason to spend what he is. There is no need for it.

    And I think it is a type of things to come from him ... if this is his attitude toward economics now, when his purvue is a political campaign, how is it going to change when he responsible for an entire nation?

    I just don't believe it will. I believe what we're seeing now, is exactly what we're going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh brother... It's always easier to spend someone else's money, isn't it? I missed them on Hannity and Colmes, but I got to see Sarah in person last Sunday. She was wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.