Convention of Statesmen

ads

Bread Machine Honey Wheat Bread

This is a wheat bread which is similar to the bread served at Outback Restaurants. I was able to get my hands on the recipe and was startled to find a couple of ingredients I would NEVER put in bread. So I took those out and tweaked things a little and am really happy with the end result. In fact, this bread is on the dinner menu for tonight!

I use a bread machine so that I am able to enjoy freshly baked bread. As busy as my life is, I would never be able to enjoy fresh bread if I used the method I was taught growing up. But never fear, if you are anti-bread machine then this works just as well with the traditional method.

Try it out, I think you'll love it!

Honey Wheat Bread

Add the following ingredients, in order, to your bread machine:

1 1/2 C. Warm Water
2 T. Butter
1/2 C. Honey
2 C. White Flour
1 C. Wheat Flour
1 T. Baking Coco
1 t. Salt
2 1/4 t. Yeast (1 Packet)

Corn meal for dusting.

If using a bread machine, add all of the ingredients for the dough in the exact order listed into the pan of your machine.

Once the cycle has completed, mine is usually 2 1/2 hours, remove the dough and place in a bowl and let rise for 1 hour. When the dough has risen to about double its size, punch it down and divide into two loaves and place in two bread pans. Let rise another hour.

Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for 30 minutes. Loaves should begin to darken slightly on top when done. Upon removing from oven, immediately brush butter over the top of the loaves using a pastry brush. Dust cornmeal over the top of each loaf and serve warm.

If you want whipped butter, like it is served in restaurants, use an electric mixer on high speed to whip the butter until its fluffy.

Happy Eating!
Bread Machine Honey Wheat Bread Bread Machine Honey Wheat Bread Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, October 10, 2008 Rating: 5

4 comments:

  1. In this Honey Wheat bread recipe could you please clarify the amount of warm water (1 12 C.)and wheat flour (1b C.)? I would really love to try this recipe but I want to be sure and get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that. The code was tweaked somehow.

    The recipe is as follows:

    1 1/2 C. Warm Water
    2 T. Butter
    1/2 C. Honey
    2 C. White Flour
    1 C. Wheat Flour
    1 T. Baking Coco
    1 t. Salt
    2 1/4 t. Yeast (1 Packet)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Yesterday my husband and I went to the Outback restaurant and had the same bread as in your picture. I fell in love with it. I was assuming that since WWF is light flour, and RyeF would give sour taste there must be some cocoa in it to get that deep brown color. So to get a recipe I googled and came across to you site, and was happy to find your recipe which did have cocoa . I am going to make it and hope it will come out right.

    Thank you for sharing the recipe,
    Zare

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful recipe. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.