Convention of Statesmen

ads

Book Nook: The Girl Who Heard Demons

by Candace E. Salima | 17 April 2016




The Girl Who Heard Demons written by Janette Rallison is absolutely fabulous. When I began reading it I literally could not put my laptop down. I read straight through to the end and then re-read it again.

The backliner reads:

Shy Adelle Hansen hears demons, but she’s determined to make friends at her new high school by keeping her ability secret.

When she overhears supernatural voices celebrating the impending death of the school quarterback, Levi Anderson, she knows she has to do something to prevent it. However, the demons aren’t the ones plotting; they’re just celebrating the chaos, and Adelle must contend with earthly forces as well if she wants to preserve Levi’s life.

Handsome, popular Levi doesn’t appreciate Adelle’s self-appointed role of guardian angel. As Adelle battles to keep him safe, she’ll have to protect her heart, too. Can she do both?

When Adelle tries to warn Levi, who is an atheist, he doesn’t believe her let alone believe in demons. Nor, as the backliner suggests, does he appreciate her trying to watch out for him. The characters are well developed, the story has a nice arc and I was quite shocked at the end. Truly shocked. So well done, Janette in surprising me.

This is a must read for every Young Adult reader, and to be honest, this woman, meaning me, enjoyed it as well.

From a near death experience as a 13-year old, Adelle awakened to whole new reality. As a girl who hears demons, Adelle has gotten into quite a bit of trouble over the years. When she moves in with her aunt the last thing she wants to hear is that demons are rejoicing over the impending death of Levi Anderson. But she is hardwired to not leave it alone and tries warning him.

I’m not going to tell you the ending … I’m just saying that I was truly shocked at how it turned out.

I’m giving Janette Rallison’s The Girl Who Heard Demons a solid five stars and recommend that everyone read it. It is just that fun and intriguing.




Copyright 2016. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

Book Nook: The Girl Who Heard Demons Book Nook: The Girl Who Heard Demons Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, April 17, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.