"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the new Jerusalem. This is the place that the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. Yes, I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won't fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges.
"I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through. (Ye Are the Light of the World, President Harold B. Lee, p.350-51)
- Three credit downgrades
- Falling from #1 to #8 in competitiveness in the world
- Dropped to #18 in free economies
- General Motors went from a free enterprise to a government controlled entity with the bulk of its factories being moved to China.
- A war on religion ensued unlike anything Americans have seen since our European days.
- Freedom loving, law abiding patriots in the tea party were castigated by the Obama Administration, and the lawbreaking, violent occupy wall street "gimme" folks were embraced as a necessary movement in America.
- Healthcare costs, instead of dropping by $2,500 as Barack Obama promised, rose by $3,000, per family. Services once approved are now routinely denied; and the Patient Affordable Care Act hasn't even gone into full effect yet. Twenty-one new taxes will hit us in January if it is not fully repealed and true healthcare reform enacted.
- Barack Obama has added $6 trillion to the American national debt, routinely spending $1.4 trillion more each year, and bring us to a terrifying total of $16+ trillion.
The words of The Star Spangled Banner speak of that battle for freedom that birthed a nation. It is an anthem penned in the heat of battle and a patriot seeking sight of the American flag still flying in the breeze. So my fellow patriots, don't give up. Don't pack your bags and leave. We are winning this battle by battle, and we will win the war.
On November 6th cast your vote for the freedom of America rather than the restrictions of Europe's socialist democracies. Then we begin taking America back from grasping hands of the socialists who wanted to fell the last bastion of freedom on earth. Reagan's "last best of the earth" will survive and grow strong again. But only if Barack Obama is defeated on November 6th.
So cowboy up, America. We're coming down to the wire here and defeat is unacceptable. The blood of patriots calls out for the preservation of our nation, so let's get the job done.
NOTE: Don't forget to tune in to the first presidential debate on Wednesday, October 3rd. It should be a night to remember, and should definitively help people understand that Mitt Romney is the only clear choice for the situation America finds herself in now.
Copyright 2012. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.