Convention of Statesmen

ads

September 11th Remembered

On September 11, 2011 America was hit three times by cowards flying planes into the WTC, the Pentagon and those brave Americans who brought United Flight 93 down in a Pennsylvania field. American courage rose to the forefront of the world's eyes, and we watched as heroes raced into burning, crumbling buildings to save all they could. We wept as people jumped from the WTC unwilling to burn to death. And as people covered in gray ash fled from the buildings, shock and fear stamped on their faces, there is one memory I have.

Three days later, President George W. Bush walked through the rubble of Towers 1 and 2 and climbed to where he could be seen. He began to speak to the men working there and a man shouted out, "We hear you." President George W. Bush responded, "I hear you too. And soon the entire world will hear us." The nation's churches were filled to overflowing. And for nearly three months, before the memory of the horror of this day began to fade, America was united.

It is my hope that it doesn't take another American tragedy to unite America again at this critical time in our nation's history. I turned, as I often do, to music that speaks to my soul. I decided to share with you, the songs I listened to today.

The Battle Hymn of the Republic by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir




I am America by Krista Branch




We are America by Jessie Funk




Stars & Stripes by Nathan Osmond




The Star Spangled Banner by Madison Rising

And one of my new favorite bands, Madison Rising. This version of The Star Spangled Banner has risen to the top of my all time favorites. Listen in and see if you don't agree.



May God bless America, this land I love so much. As I watch the nations of the world crumbling in economic collapse, and I see the direction America is going. There has never been a more critical time in our nation's history. We must not sit home on November 6th. In addition, I believe those who have not united behind Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will harm our nation greatly, for the cost may be another four years of Barack Obama. Should that nightmare occur, the America we know and love will forever be gone. The Republic will have fallen. Please, it is time to put on your big boy pants and stand with us in defense of this great nation and the U.S. Constitution.

Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

September 11th Remembered September 11th Remembered Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, September 11, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.