Convention of Statesmen

ads

The Battle Hymn of the Republic

There is little else in the world that pierces my patriotic heart more deeply than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic. The majesty and powerful way in which they perform this American hymn reminds me constantly that America was founded on Judeo/Christian principles that cannot be wished away by the liberal left of America. 

Listen and tell me you cannot feel the power and strength of the American Spirit ringing through the hallowed fields, prairies, plains, and mountains of America as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord..."



Ezra Taft Benson, the Secretary of Agriculture under President Eisenhower, said: "I love America. I love the people in this beloved land as well as our Father’s children in all other countries. The Lord decreed that America is “a land choice above all other lands” to those who keep his commandments. We remain here in this land as long as we remain in God’s divine favor."

I have written many times about the Founding Fathers and their deep, abiding belief in God, if not always in organized religion. I believe, with my whole heart, that America's future lies in the ability of her people to turn back to God, or cease to exist as has happened to many other nations.

We have a great privilege, and responsibility, as Americans, to stand as an ensign to the nations, not only of freedom and liberty, but also of God. No matter how many times he says it, Obama is wrong when he states that America is no longer a Judeo/Christian nation. We are, and ever will be. 

I was told, not too long ago, that if I wished to continue a particular association, one of the things I had to do was never write anything religious for the public again, let alone on my blog. I was no longer to post religious thoughts or beliefs on Facebook or Twitter. As you can imagine, it took little thought to turn around and walk away. I am ever driven by three things: God, family, and country. And never, ever, regardless of the monetary enticement, will I walk away from any of the three.

The fate of America lies within her own power. First, to accept that we are a Judeo/Christian nation who allows religious freedom, but no longer will tolerate the suppression of Christianity in favor of another religion, or lack thereof, even can we say: "America, O America, thy fate is fickle if the path chosen leads you to unbelief." And we must, with great fervor and acceptance of the sacred responsibility, arise as a people to protect and defend the divinely inspired U.S. Constitution, in its entirety. We must hold to, and protect the Republic of the United States of America, for madness alone lies ahead in the path chosen by Barack Obama and others who agree with him.

So play the song once again, listen to the words of The Battle Hymn of the Republic and realize our fate is within our grasp. Will we survive as a nation, or crumble to dust in the way of so many great nations of the world's historic past? The choice is ours.


Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
The Battle Hymn of the Republic The Battle Hymn of the Republic Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, September 25, 2011 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article, I really liked this line, "I believe, with my whole heart, that America's future lies in the ability of her people to turn back to God ..."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.