Convention of Statesmen

ads

US Daily Review: What's in it for me?

What’s in it for Me?
Posted on 30 August 2011
by Candace E. Salima, Contributor of US Daily Review

“What’s in it for Me?” What an interesting five words, and yet I’ve heard them more in the last five days than I have in a very long time. Sometimes, when we stand for a principle we tend to push aside the “what’s in it for me” for the greater good. That’s how I tend to live my life, and it frustrates my husband to no end. After being in my presence each time those words were uttered to me in the last week, he turned to me and said, “I’m looking forward to the day you learn to say, “no.” He felt I was being taken advantage of, and wasn’t taking kindly to it.

But back to my original point, sometimes it’s not about what’s in it for you, and more about what you can do for others. I helped plan a huge event. I saw amazing opportunities come and go because egos were too big, or there just wasn’t anything monetarily, or recognition, in the event for anyone except standing for a principle. So here’s my question, how did we come to this in America? Oddly, I seem to be asking that question a lot lately.



Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
US Daily Review: What's in it for me? US Daily Review: What's in it for me? Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.