Convention of Statesmen

ads

The Battle Hymn of the Republic

May these words ring within the hearts of Americans once again:

The Battle Hymn of the Republic
Lyrics by Julia Ward Howe
Melody by William Steffe

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on."

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat:
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.

(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
While God is marching on.

# # #

This nation I love so dearly is under attack as it has never been before. For within our borders even our own fellow citizens have turned on this nation, spitting upon her in ways she has never deserved. I live to defend this nation. I learn to educate this nation. I stand gazing upon the American flag with tears in my eyes and hope in my heart. May God bless this great land and those who would defend her republic form of government and the divinely inspired Constitution. Bless us in this endeavor that we might be successful in restoring life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to the American people. Bless us that our hearts will remain humble while lit with the fiery flame of a patriotism so intense that we will not fail.

May God bless America and her people.
The Battle Hymn of the Republic The Battle Hymn of the Republic Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. The Battle Hymn of the Republic is my favorite song of all. Isn't ironic, and sad, that of all the battles our nation has fought were to defend our liberty from foreign intruders. Now, the most dangerous battle of all is against the enemy within, and the majority of the citizens have ignorantly opened their doors and invited that enemy in with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. Colin Ray sang it here in Orem at his 24th of July concert. I thought it was so fitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.