Yes, America faces many, many critical issues which are troubling our nation today, not the least of which is the unrelenting attack on the U.S. Constitution. It is terrifying to hear anyone, let alone the young woman who said: "The constitution is an antiquated document. There is no room for it in America anymore. It is time to stop letting the religious right dictate to us."
How did it come to this? Simply put, we abdicated the responsibility of teaching our children to the public schools. In the 60's and 70's the movement to destroy everything of value swept through the nation. When they were unsuccessful, they turned to higher education and then overwhelmed our schools as teachers and professors, teaching the doctrine they couldn't get people to accept when they were holding love-ins and blowing things up. This very system produced Barack Hussein Obama who is convinced that the Republic of the United States of America is indeed an antiquated and flawed system which must be dismantled as rapidly as possible and communism put in its place.
I weep when I hear this exceedingly flawed and dangerous philosophy spouted by the youth and leaders of today. They screech in strident tones that "it is time for a change"...but the change they seek will destroy an entire nation and they are happily riding that figurative nuclear bomb to its ultimate destination--the end of America. I cannot, nor will I, allow this destruction to continue without raising voice on the side of the truth.
I am a Latter-day Saint. As such, I deeply believe in a living prophet and apostles. I believe that God has not abandoned us, nor will He ever. I believe that this land was divinely establish that the Kingdom of God might roll forth throughout the world.
A book of scripture known as The Doctrine & Covenants states:
Section 101:77-80 -- According to the laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;
That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of judgment.
79 Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in bondage one to another.
80 And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.
I testify that America is a choice land of freedom and our Constitution was divinely established as a beacon of freedom to all of God's children. It is our privilege, even our divine responsibility, to protect the Constitution as the rule of law. It is very far from the antiquated document this foolish young woman called it and very much a document which holds eternal truths of freedom, justice and responsibility.
One of our founding fathers, John Adams, said, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." This is true for politicians and citizens alike. If we eschew the morals and values that made this nation great, we are completely lost. The U.S. Constitution MUST be defended and upheld as the rule of law for the United States of America.
Each of our elected officials takes an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. I submit to you that all but a handful of the politicians in Washington, D.C. have not only failed in that oath, but have attacked the Constitution with malice aforethought and thus have unilaterally committed treason with open eyes and sure intent. We cannot allow this to go unchecked. Each must be removed from office and brought to justice. The first is within our grasp with the elections in 2010, the second more difficult as it requires politicians with spines and a firm understanding of the Constitution to actually pursue those charges of treason.
It has come to this: We can no longer cling to a single pet issue. We can no longer bicker and fight amongst ourselves, while "Rome" is burning down around our ears. America is under attack. Yes, we are at war with those Jihadists across the world who have lost their collective minds. Yes, we are not popular with ... well, everybody, Obama's Apology Tour notwithstanding. But ... and I must stress this as strongly as I possibly can ... the greater enemy is within the borders of the United States, walking the halls of Congress and the White House.
I invite each of you who loves this nation and understands how powerful and critical the U.S. Constitution is to stand now and be counted. There are so many things you can do. You are not helpless nor are you unimportant to the cause of restoring the Republic of the United States of America.
- Blog and thus inform those reading your blog of the power and strength of a republic form of government
- Call, email or fax your congressmen and senators on issues important to you. And I promise, there is new legislation or a new executive order which robs us of more liberty almost every single day.
- Join conservative organizations which you believe strengthen the cause to take America back from the hands of the communists currently dismantling our nation.
- Attend tea parties in your home towns: http://teapartyday.com, our tea party's information can be found at http://teapartyutah.blogspot.com, where you will be strengthened and motivated in finding your single voice united with millions of others across the nation. The latest Rasmussen poll shows Conservatives outnumbering liberals 2 to 1 ... we are gaining ground, we are making a difference, do not give up.
- Educate yourself as to the differences, strengths and weaknesses between a republic: a government in which supreme power resides in a body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives responsible to them and governing according to law, where personal liberties and responsibility drive a free market; and communism: a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production c: a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away and economic goods are distributed equitably, where personal liberty, motivation and a healthy economy are completely gone and every portion of life is answerable to the federal government.
- Study the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as well as the lives and times of the founding fathers so that you further understand why they chose a republic over a pure democracy or a theocracy.
- Talk to friends, neighbors and co-workers and help them to understand the extreme dangers of this path America is on.
Postscript: Please forward this to all your friends, family, neighbors and peers. It is only in the telling of truth and uniting of our voices and intent that we restore the U.S. Constitution to its former glory. Divine in its conception, it is now up to us to pick up the banner and fight this fight. The Constitution is hanging by a thread … that time has come. Elders of Israel, where are you?