Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Snickerdoodles

I don't know what it is about fall and Halloween, but it always puts me in the mood for Snickerdoodles. This is one of the yummiest cookies. Snickerdoodles are a sugar cookie surrounded in cinnamon sugar, and my own special addition, nutmeg.

I remember when I first came across snickerdoodles. I was a college student, home for the weekend, and wanting to make some chocolate chip cookies. Alas, I couldn't find any chocolate chips, which are somewhat a requisite for my famous chocolate chip cookies. So I started combing through the cookbook and found a recipe for snickerdoodles. I went over the recipe, imagined the taste and decided to give it a shot.

I don't know when I decided to add the nutmeg, but I must have heard someone somewhere say that they added nutmeg. Wherever I came across it, it definitely took this cookie to a new level.

I promise, you'll love them and most definitely will not be able to eat just one.

Snickerdoodles

Preheat oven to 350°

Sift together in large mixing bowl:

2 ¾ C. Flour
1 t. Baking Soda
½ t. Salt

In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer, mix together:

½ C. Shortening (Butter Flavored)
8 T. Butter

Then add:
1½ C. Sugar

and continue beating until fluffy.

Add:

2 Large Eggs (one at a time)

continue beating.

Add:

1 t. Cinnamon
½ t. Nutmeg

Mix 3 T. Sugar with 1 T. Cinnamon together.

Add the flour mixture incrementally until completed mixed together. Using a medium sized melon baller, roll the dough into balls and roll them in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place on cookie sheet and flatten.

Bake cookies until light brown, but still moist in center, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on rack.

Happy Eating.

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Snickerdoodles Recipe: Snickerdoodles Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, October 24, 2008 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Candace,
    Ooo, yum! I love nutmeg, and yet have never thought of adding it with the cinnamon on Snickerdoodles. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.