Why do I say he doesn't believe in it? Because he focuses solely on the tragic events of our past, such as slavery (although he likes to ignore that slavery and servitude included all peoples no matter their race, culture, religious or economic status). He never points out anything that this nation did to correct that horror. He doesn't like to concentrate on the men who left their families, and then bled and died to preserve this nation and free all men, insuring our God-given rights. He most definitely doesn't like to concentrate on the America that comes together in times of trial, tragedy and war and stands united. He would rather chip away at the base of what makes America great, cast off democracy and the republic under which we now live and replace it with a socialist bordering on communist government and way of life. Yeah, that's the Obama virus.
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. ~ Declaration of Independence
Saturday when I attended the 2008 Utah Republican Party Convention, which is where we took the homework we'd done, or were supposed to have done, listened to the last minute pitches of all the candidates and cast our votes for the candidates we believed best able to represent us. Technically, that's how its supposed to work.
But another variation of the Obama Virus infected Utah politics too. Here are the symptoms:
1. Candidates who are young, sharp and seemingly capable and armed with the right buzz words, empty promises but shallow political saavy and know how. The Obama Virus.
2. Candidates who can bring the crowd to a fevered pitch with a few cleverly placed words, insincere smiles and choked words. The Obama Virus.
3. Candidates who have no substance, attacking an incumbent who has spent the last 11 years delivering on his promises, constantly working to better Utah and America. The Obama Virus.
4. American citizens voting for someone because of their looks, their charm and their smile while understanding nothing about the lack of qualifications, empty promises and potentially dangerous path they have stepped upon. The Obama Virus.
5. American citizens believing the lies of the fresh new candidates rather than digging in and finding out the truth for themselves. The Obama Virus.
Oh, I could go on and on. But the Obama Virus is chipping away at the mortar of our country, from Washington D.C. down to the smallest town in America. We must inoculate ourselves against this dangerous virus by doing the following:
- We must return to the America the Founding Father established after they won their freedom from Britain.
- We must return to an "honest days work equals an honest days pay."
- We must be allowed to use the resources our great nation holds to support ourselves rather then send, as an example, over $450 billion dollars a day to our enemies for foreign oil. Bring that money home and see how our economy booms.
- We must stop using food, specifically corn, to produce ethanol. It's causing feed prices to skyrocket, hence harming our farmers and ranchers and raising the prices at the store. What idiot decided in a growing world that we should use food to produce fuel? Are you kidding me? The headlines scream of food shortages across the globe and in America, in all our wisdom, we decided to use food, sustenance for the human body, to produce fuel. The insanity of it boggles the mind!
- Our farmers must be allowed to grow their crops. Our ranchers must be allowed to produce their animals. Our orchards must dot the land. How do city people think the food arrives in the stores? Where do they think it comes from? I heard one woman from California disparage Utah as a state of hicks. I refrained from punching her, but really. The ignorance of that statement astonishes.
- We must support our military with weapons, technology, protection, nutrient dense food and supplies which help them to not only be the best military in the world, but also the healthiest. You know, Teddy Roosevelt wasn't wrong when he said we must "walk softly and carry a big stick."
- We must return to the values which made this nation great: family, home and God.
Farmers provide food. If we don't have food we don't eat. If we don't eat, we die.
Ranchers provide food. Second verse, same as the first.
Orchards provide fruit. Fruit contains unique nutrients the body needs to function in a healthy and effective manner. I repeat, only now it is the third verse.
We now bring in food from other nations. We import oil when we have more than enough to support ourselves. The prices at the gas pump are ever climbing and it can be stopped by using our resources rather than the world who is trying to gouge us, even destroy us. We are not allowed to care for or provide for ourselves, but must allow a much brighter government (oh man, reaching for the vomit bucket) to make our decisions for us. This is yet another variation of the Obama Virus.
People, return to what made America great. Family, honor, strength, courage, loyalty . . . all words which have become buzzwords or been slammed with derogatory twists.
Grow your gardens. Stop tearing down orchards, farms and ranches to build yet more and more elaborate homes. If we have to start building up, for crying out loud, do so. But if there are no more farms, orchards and ranches . . . where do you think we'll be? Yeah, you better hope you have all your ducks in a row, your t's crossed and your i's dotted because you'll be meeting your Maker much sooner than you had planned. Remember God, and remember that He stands waiting to guide, inspire and strengthen if we will only shake off the degradation of society and stand tall once again.
The main inoculation against the Obama Virus is common sense, knowledge, wisdom and strength of purpose, mind and heart.
- Don't vote for someone just because he's black, or she's a woman, or he's a former college sports hero, or because you like their smile, or, God forbid, handsome or beautiful.
- Please, I beg of you, don't be caught in the call for "Change" when change hasn't been defined. Don't be deceived by empty promises when no vehicle or plan has been presented to deliver on those promises.
- Don't be taken in by lies and misrepresentations.
- Do not, under any circumstances, believe that freedom is passe or that someone can decide better for you than you can yourself.
- Do not slap the soldiers and other people in the face who have sacrificed everything so that you could be in this moment, in this time and in this country exercising your right to vote responsibly. They paid the price so that you could be intelligent and wise in voting for elected officials. Be wise.