Convention of Statesmen

ads

Blogging Babes Lunch at Brick Oven

Here's the official logo of the Utah Chapter of the Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes.

Well, lunch rocked once again. And this time we have pictures! Utah's B to 5 (which is what Alvin says we should call ourselves) met at Brick Oven today. We had a delightful time getting to know one another again and meeting those of us who arrived for the first time. We missed everyone who couldn't make it! Serious bummer!

Here are some of the pictures from our lunch. They let us have the Party Room at Brick Oven, which was a shock because I wasn't willing to pay $5.00 a head for everyone who didn't show up under the number of 12. We had a little mix up with the check, but it all turned out okay. I don't think we'll be taking our party back there again, though. Servers were great. Food was great. But the reservationist was rude and didn't make note that I canceled the reservation for the room and asked for a table in the main dining room. Budgeting and all, I couldn't spring for the $5.00 a head.

Donna over at Donna's Journey at Julia and Where Oh Where Has My Mind Gone, mother and daughter, presented the door prize today. That amazing mug you see is designed with our official logo.

Karlene Browning over at Inksplasher won the door prize. And she was as thrilled as I to receive it.

Donna and her husband make all kinds of wonderful items in their business, including these mugs. You can check them out at www.remembermymug.com.

All in all, I thought it was very cool! Donna says any of the Blogging Babes can order one of the mugs for $15.00. It's rockin' . . . I have one myself. Courtesy of Donna and Julia, which was unnecessary but exceedingly sweet. Here's a closeup of the mug:

How much does that seriously rock! I feel so official!

So we met, we visited, we laughed, we took pictures (thank you to Jarel, one of my missionary sons who gave me a digital camera for Christmas) and we ate. A lot. And then Ali over at Girl in a Whirl helped me eat my hot fudge brownie sundae literally swimming in hot fudge and caramel. Oh my gosh, it gives me shivers just thinking about it. I can't have another one until July 26th . . . one a year, although the one I had today I've been trying to have since last July 26th . . . so I guess I'm getting two this year.

So, here's who showed up . . .

Ali at Girl in a Whirl
Julia at Where Oh Where Has My Mind Gone
Tristi at Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
Heather at Heather Justesen
Karlene at Inksplasher
Donna at Donna's Journey

. . . and

Me. We really, really missed everyone else. Here are some pictures of the gang.

Julia and Karlene


Tristi and Ali

Patented Tristi pose . . . check out www.ldstorymakers.com if you don't believe me.


Here's Heather!

Donna and Ali


And finally, Heather, me, Karlene and Julia

And that's everyone who showed up. I realize my camera skills leave a lot to be desired, but hey, I haven't had a camera in over a decade. I'm still getting my skills, what little there were, back.

Next month it will be the first Saturday in February 2nd at 1:00 p.m. at Golden Corral in Orem. Check my right-hand column for updated details.

We had a complete blast and we're looking forward to getting together next month. We have varied interests, talents and experiences, it was a blast to to get together and visit, chat and get to know a little more about Donna and Julia.

Rock on!

Utah's Chapter of B to the 5, yeah, I like that, now has its own blog site. Check us out over there. But realize we're still developing. But for all you Blogging Babes, that's where you'll go now for information, sharing great news, asking for prayers or help, promoting your business, etc. Check it out!

Politics: Did y'all see the GOP debate last night. Fred Thompson finally came out swinging and he had Mike Huckaby in his sites. Holy cow, Alvin and I busted up laughing and were shouting, "Go Fred!" He won the debate last night, but we've seen how much that matters. Governor Romney clearly won the debate in New Hampshire and it didn't pull the voters around enough to take McCain. But I'm going to trust Rush Limbaugh is right and that the GOP primary race really starts in Michigan!

As to Romney's performance in the debate last night, I thought he did great. He showed he had a great grasp of foreign affairs, plans to move forward in that area, illegal immigration and bringing optimism back to America. I couldn't have been prouder of him.

Ron Paul scared me. I mean, he really scared me. He's a strict constructionist (defender of the constitution) but in every other area he's a fruit loop! Please do not let him get his hands on our foreign affairs. We'll be wiped off the map before his second day in office.
Blogging Babes Lunch at Brick Oven Blogging Babes Lunch at Brick Oven Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, January 11, 2008 Rating: 5

14 comments:

  1. I had a great time at the luncheon yesterday. Thanks again for coordinating all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major bummer, wish I could have been at the BB lunch! :-)
    Glad you had some time to relax and have fun!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged about our lunch too! Come check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a great time. Since I live in frosty Vernal, I'll just cheer you on from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lunch was mega fun. Thank you for changing it to Saturdays -- I can come every month now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I must be the Devils Advocate and protest. What if you are a blogger DUDE!?!? I mean, not all bloggers are babes right? I know what us guys need to do. We need to form a blogger society. We can call ourselves the blooger boys. We can have t-shirts and mugs, have meetings, luncheons, and all that other great stuff. I see how you blogger babes are always shutting us men out. Men, rise up! We cannot stand for this!! Are we going to go down without a fight!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mathew - rise up, my friend. Be all you can be and become a blooger boy! We cheer one. One day, may the blooger boys and blogger babes will have a luncheon together with our significant others and blogland will unite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karlene - thank you. It's always a blast.

    Marja, wish you were just a hop, skip and a jump away rather than across the big pond!

    Framed - Vernal's not too far! Come crash at my house and you can join us too!

    Tristi - Yeah, Saturday's should work better for everyone now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My niece Stormy wants everyone to know that it is possible we found a donor and Uncle won't have to go to dialysis anymore once he gets his transplant and she is very excited!

    My nephews and nieces: Connor, Stormy, Brigham, Skye and Elias, who was up ALL night . . . think my friends in Blogland and are cool! And Stormy and Brigham say, "Whoever you are are! We like ya!"

    Connor wants me to add, "tee hee!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you all had a great time together.

    Another terrific example of using the Internet for good reasons instead of ...

    Blessings,
    Kathleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. f.mat-
    "the BLOOGER boys"? Blooger??
    hahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHA!

    It's a good think I know you in person, or I'd be worried about your spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ummm that was supposed to say blogger boys. its a good thing I didnt leave out the l huh?

    Baron F M VonStieff (Being openly mocked by the wife)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun. Way cool. =) Too bad there's not an Idaho chapter, eh? =)On the other hand, I probably live closer to Utah destinations here in the realm of Bear Lake. ;)But adventures like that will have to wait until the weather is not quite so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Idaho is not too far away. I have a girlfriend in Rigby who is coming down occasionally for these lunches now. So when you do decide to start joining us, let me know and I'll hook you up with my friend. You can be car buddies. Her blog address is:
    http://focusonone.blogspot.com and her name is Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.