Convention of Statesmen

ads

Tagged Again - Christmas, Christmastime is here . . .

I've been tagged by Mike over at Happy Gilmores! Since it is about Christmas I think it is very, very cool!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both! I love to wrap gifts and I like to break up the wrapped gifts with Christmas baskets and gift bags. Makes for a really festive look under the trees.

2. Real tree or artificial?

Artificial! Decorate with cinnamon scented pine cones, and a Balsam Fir scented candle and you're good to go! No needles to be found by unsuspecting feet. No drying of the tree and fire hazards. I can't put it up when I want and take it down when I want! Oh yeah, artificial!

3. When do you put up the tree?

Usually the day after Thanksgiving, although one year it went up the day after Halloween. Don't ask.

4. When do you take the tree down?

Usually New Year's Day, although one year it was up until March. Again, don't ask.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Love it! Alvin is not fond of it so I usually just buy one pint or two a year and enjoy. I have to cut it with milk because it's waaaaaayyyyyy too sweet. But I love it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Chocolate covered cherries (Queen Anne), coloring books and crayons. It's a Christmas standard and I still want those to this very day and I'm 44 now!

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes, but I'm looking for a better one.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

Marie!

9. Easiest person to buy for?

Alvin.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

No gifts under the tree on Christmas morning one year. It was devastating even though I kept reminding myself that Christmas is about Jesus and not gifts. It's a mantra I'm repeating in my head this year too.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail. When I get around to it, which I guess I should do . . . now what did I do with those . . .

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

White Christmas, hands down! Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen. I've seen it hundreds of times and never tire of it!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ?

The day after Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

No. Wedding presents, yes. Christmas presents, no.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, homemade bread, salad, cranberry sauce and my home made lemon meringue pie! Favorite thing? Oh no, it's a plethora of veritable culinary delights.

16. Clear lights or colored on the trees?

Clear. I have seven Christmas trees. It works, I promise. I love colored lights, but over the last few years I've gravitated to clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Toss up between Sleigh Ride and Silent Night, both as performed by the Osmonds.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Unless I'm going to my mother's, stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Hmm, let's see. I'm singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer in my head. Oh! There's one. Okay, here we go: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. Huh, there you go!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Seven trees, it varies. But it's always one or the other.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

One on Christmas Eve in rememberance of the gifts the wise men brought the baby Jesus, and the rest Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

The atheists and other religions who are trying to destroy a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We don't bug them on their holidays, they need to just shut up, go home and be Scrooges.

23. What I love most about Christmas?

I think of Jesus Christ every day of the year. There isn't a day that goes by that He isn't in my thoughts in one form or another. But, at this time of year with the snow falling, the lights decorating homes and trees, the spirit of camaraderie, peace and hope and Christmas carols filling the air, family, friends . . . oh yes, that would be what I love the most.

I tag Tristi Pinkston, Karen Hoover, Hip Writer Mama and Janette Rallison.
Tagged Again - Christmas, Christmastime is here . . . Tagged Again - Christmas, Christmastime is here . . . Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. No. 2 is supposed to say I CAN put it up any time I want. Does anyone know why sometimes your post blanks out in edit mode and then you can't get to it again, except by publishing it? Minor annoyance, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knew I would love this post. All things Christmas. And I would love to see all your trees. You should post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We usually put up the tree right after 'Sinterklaas' over here. We celebrate that December 5th. Did your daddy ever tell you about that tradition? It's really more for the little ones, really cute!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a "White Christmas" fan, but I have never enjoyed Yuck Nog :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, I wish I could. I need a camera . . . isn't that the saddest thing you've heard in awhile. I have no camera! Yes, I'm going to rectify that next year, hopefully.

    And yeah, I knew you'd love this post. We must be Christmas sisters!

    Hi Marja - "We usually put up the tree right after 'Sinterklaas' over here." No, I don't recall Dad ever telling us about that. Share, please do!

    Ordinary Mom - White Christmas seriously rocks. Ha, ha, on the yuck-nog. My hubby would agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sinterklaas or Sint Nicolaas, was a man called Nicolaas van Myra back in the 13th century, who gave money and other things, to poor children.
    Nowadays, we celebrate his birthday December 5th,(his actual birthday was the 6th), the children get presents in the morning, and the grownups celebrate in the evening by making eachother funny/crazy/strangely-wrapped gifts, complete with a poem! That is always a lot of fun! I remember my grandfather making me a box filled with birdseed & grease, and my present was right in the center of that... yuck!

    Last year, we had Santa Claus visit Amsterdam for the first time! Maybe we'll start that tradition as well! :0)
    Oh oh! Present shopping twice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.