Convention of Statesmen

ads

Speaking to my Soul

There are times when music simply pierces your heart and sings to your soul. This is one of those times. I was over at Anne Bradshaw's Not Entirely British blogspot yesterday and found this. Anne, I hope you don't mind, I had to put him on mine as well.

Paul Potts is an incredible Welsh tenor. He even brought smiles to the faces of Simon Cowell and Pierce (America's Got Talent, Celebrity Duets, etc.) on Britain's Got Talent. My heart simply sighed as this humble man from Wales heard the opening notes of the song and then his voice rose and soared out above the crowd to the very heavens above. Listen to him sing Nessun Dorma.



Thanks, Anne. You made my day. And yes, tears streamed down my face too as I listened.

Here is his semi-final performance in the competition. And this is a small portion of the journey in realizing he has a God-given gift and we see his confidence begin to grow.



And the performance that won him the entire show.



And the announcement of his win!



Pick up his CD, better believe I'm going to! I really was moved by this young man's voice. He went from a mobile car phone salesman to the toast of Britain performing before the Queen. If this doesn't say your dreams really can come true, I don't know what does.

I saw a quote yesterday that says it all:

"What would life be, if we had no courage to attempt anything." Vincent Van Gogh

Granted the guy lost his mind and cut his ear off and sent in the mail to someone. But ignoring that, this statement really says it all if you have dreams left to accomplish.
Speaking to my Soul Speaking to my Soul Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 Rating: 5

7 comments:

  1. Wow, even I started getting a little teary eyed. That is really neat for him.

    Sometimes I lack the confidence in myself with my talents, so it is always neat to see others have their dreams come true. Gives you more fuel for your own dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool...he has an amazing voice. I love this song. What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. Riley - It is important to recognize and embrace our talents as the God-given gifts they are. Sometimes talent is not as obvious as a beautiful tenor voice, an exquisite painting, or dancing on Broadway -- sometimes it is the talent to make others feel valued. Sometimes it is the talent of listening, loving, oh I could go on and on. But I won't. Reach for your dreams, if you don't they simply can't come true.

    G. Parker -- it is inspirational, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you shared as well, Candace. I love it when others pick something up from my blog and run with it. It really makes blogging worthwhile.

    We've listened to all these videos over and over, and I'm also going to buy the CD. YAY for the little Welsh man with the guts to go for the impossible dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I have seen these before as well, and was crying like a baby! What a beautiful soothing voice. I didn't know he had a CD. That's awesome. What a nice, humble man. He deserves to have something great happen to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne and Candace,
    Thanks for a wonderful start to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this guy! Everytime I see this clip or hear him sing, it touches my soul way down deep. Special talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.