Convention of Statesmen

ads

Candace E. Salima - SUPERHERO!

It's Tristi's fault, blame her.

What can I say? I grew up in the superhero generation. Wonder Woman, Superman, Aquaman, Fantastic Four, Batman and Robin, Spiderman, Green Lantern . . . I could go on and on.

So when I stopped by Tristi's blog and saw what her superpower was -- I immediately had to check out mine.


Your Superpower Should Be Manipulating Fire



You are intense, internally driven, and passionate.

Your emotions are unpredictable - and they often get the better of you.

Both radiant and terrifying, people are drawn to you.

At your most powerful, you feel like the world belongs to you.

Why you would be a good superhero: You are obsessive enough to give it your all

Your biggest problem as a superhero: Your moodiness would make it difficult to control your powers


Well now, I don't think I'm moody AND MY EMOTIONS ARE NOT UNPREDICTABLE!

I kind of like the idea of being radiant and terrifying. Kind of like the Phoenix from the X-Men. Let's pause while I ponder that for a moment.

. . .

. . .

Hmmm, maybe not.

And I'm not obsessive, I'm determined, driven, goal-oriented.

Oh Tristi, what have you done?

Now, if I only actually had a superpower I could pop on over to the Afghanistan/Pakistan border and fry Osama bin Laden the king schmuck of all schmucks! The idiot now says that if Americans convert to Islam the war will be over. Oh the words that are coming into my mind are not appropriate for this blog! Here's hoping the jackass is psychic and can read my mind. I live for the day I see my cousin's military boot, or one of his fellow soldiers, kicking bin Laden's butt!

Listen up buddy. I'm a Christian. I'm going to stay a Christian. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Redeemer and your threats are not going to change that in any way shape or form! Take your "conversion by the sword" and go sit on it. Ooops, that slipped out, sorry.

Candace E. Salima - SUPERHERO! Candace E. Salima - SUPERHERO! Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, September 08, 2007 Rating: 5

15 comments:

  1. Cute Little test!! My Superpower is Mindreading!! Of course, included in that is the desire to improve humanity and save the world!! HA! I have an adoption blog about our two children we just recently adopted from Russia. It has been a wonderful blessing, and our oldest boy had his first missionary discussion with the Elders while we were still in Russia (we are also LDS). I am thinking of starting another blog, mostly about the crazy things that happen in my life and with my family. You seem to have it all together with several different blogs....so, maybe I can this too, (on a much, MUCH smaller scale!). It is so nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristi,

    You make me laugh!

    Susan,

    Congratulations on your adoption of your two children. That is absolutely marvelous!

    Thank for dropping by -- nice to "meet" you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine is manipulating electricitity. With all my static issues, I am not at all surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,

    Ah, the damage you and I could to the king terrorist would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mine is super speed. HMMMM. who knows. Today I am trying to get ALL the laundry done. I am gonna need super speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pezlady,

    Super speed . . . now that would be good. I could get my house clean, laundry completed, gardening done, books written, marketing completed . . . okay, maybe fire isn't that cool after all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi candace:
    cute post. my superpower says i am a mindreader. i posted on that a few days ago.

    i can so relate to you in what you said here today.

    but would it be sitting "on" a sword? or sitting "in" a sword? hee hee.

    if he could read my mind, ... i won't say it either. ultimately, i like to believe that what goes around, comes around. kindness begets kindness (usually) and vice versa.

    you made me smile again.

    take care girl,
    kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candace,

    I found your comment on Dawn's site and had to click on your profile because of the name! In the last week or so I've stumbled upon several blogs by LDS women all over the country. How cool is that?

    I've taken all your tests, and somehow matched you on every one. Hmmm...would we get along or make each other crazy? :)

    Cecily

    http://www.mychaosmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathleen,

    Very funny. I was mad last night when bin Laden demanded that all American become Muslims that if I could have gotten my hands on that idiot I'd have shot him right between the eyes.

    Christians are Christians because it's convenient. We believe in Him. We know Him. Jesus Christ is God and He is the Son to Heavenly Father.

    What a schmuck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecily,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today. Yeah, Dawn does such a great job of blogging every day and always lightens my load with her humor.

    We matched on every test? We must be amongst the coolest people in the world, then. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope someone decides to send him to the place where he will know unequivicably the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From your keyboard to God's ears.

    ReplyDelete
  13. candace:
    then you must be among the coolest people in the world :)

    come see me when you can,
    kathleen

    ps. happy Sabbath

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow . . . one of the coolest people in the world? That's a compliment I won't turn down. Thank you so much!

    I drop by your blog almost every day, so thanks for visiting mine as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.