Convention of Statesmen

ads

Any takers?

You know what I long for right now? Well yeah, some beautiful mountain scenery, in which I can immerse myself by driving ten minutes to the north, so that's not a problem. But there's something I want a little more.

You see, when I awakened this morning I played the "if I could have anything I wanted right now what would it be?"

1. My husband healthy, whole and strong.

2. My mother healed from the passing of my father and joy returned to her life.

3. My friends and family taken care of and no longer struggling to survive.

4. My sister healed from the passing of her husband and forgiveness for the man who killed him.

5. The Savior returned in all His glory and having cleaned up the mess we've made of this world.

-- and

possibly the most attainable and yet still so far away . . .

I'd like two weeks at a mountain cabin with plenty of food, books to read and nothing but time to write, write, write. Oh yeah, there would have to be a laptop and internet access for the writing. And uh, lots of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory fudge with walnuts. Oh shoot, nothing to do but sleep, eat, read and write. That would be amazing.

But, I forge on in the library my husband created for me, piles of research everywhere, books on shelves, in piles, in piles on top of the books in the shelves . . . and I love it.

But, if I had to choose between that mountain retreat and the first five -- oh the first five win.


Any takers? Any takers? Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, September 13, 2007 Rating: 5

9 comments:

  1. Love that song.

    What wonderful wishes you have for your family and for the world. I did not know about your sister. I'm very sorry.

    You are such a technical wizard, too. You amaze me with what you put on your blog. Go, Candace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rebecca, you are a tecno wizard... I couln't even post the blogring on my blog! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of sleeping as much as I want to, then getting up and putting in a good day of writing --wow, that's alluring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, Carrie and Tristi,

    Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and visiting. I started a new job today so I didn't get to spend as much time cruising people's blogs as much as usual. I'm just waiting for a ride to class and then I'm off.

    But I wanted to respond to your comments.

    Yeah, my sister's husband was killed by a drunk driver last year. She's having some real problems, obviously and I really hope the healing begins to make some progress with her. They'd only been married 3 1/2 years. She was 38 when she found him and 39 when she married him. It was a tragic situation all the way around.

    As to being a techno wizard -- I don't know about that. But I am familiar with computers and the like, so I do the best I can.

    Tristi, wouldn't it be heaven on earth to have that two weeks to spend like that? Heaven, heaven, heave. Sadly, I believe it would take a philanthropic multi-millionaire to pull that off for me. . .wow, a whole story just popped into my head off that phrase. Lots of danger, oh yeah. I gotta go write it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I please join you at that cabin? You won't even know that I am there. I, too, just want somewhere to read, write, and sleep.
    That song is so beautiful. As I was sitting there watching the video I decided to do a slideshow video for my husband set to that song to give him for our anniversary. Thank you for inspiring me to do that.
    It seems that you and your family have been through a lot of hard times. I wish you could have your wish for them all too! They are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh Groban is amazing. I love his music.

    You have a wonderful list and a generous heart. I wish you and your family peace, comfort and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherri and HipWriterMama,

    Thanks for dropping by. Josh Groban is an amazing singer isn't. He can really pick the songs!

    Sherri, good luck with your slideshow. I'm certain it will be great.

    Cabin? I don't think it'll ever happen, but if it does I'll let you know.

    I hope that all these things happen for my family too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. I loved the video. When my son was married two years ago, his wife's friend sang this song at their wedding. She had a beautiful voice, and when I hear this song now I think about that day - and their life together. It's beautiful. (At the reception Ryan and I danced together to Elton John's Your Song - so that's another beautiful remembrance!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be have been tremendously beautiful. It is such a glorious song, message and melody. And Josh Groban singing it? Oh please!

    I would love to have heard your daughter-in-law's friend sing this song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.