Convention of Statesmen

ads

The Candace E. Salima Daily

Here's a fun little app geared toward my tweets! It's called paper li and it creates an electronic newspaper from 24 hours of my tweets, every day. How fun is that!


As I've gone from author, to businesswoman, to publisher, to short-lived TV host, to radio talk show host, I've been amazed at the twist and turns my life has taken.

Really, life throws curves at us sometimes that knock us down and can keep us down if we're not determined to get back up. It could be a financial, illness, legal, friends, or family juggernaut. But I really believe, regardless of what comes our way, that if we kneel in prayer morning and night, remember to turn to the scriptures for our inspiration and answers, stay fully aware of life going on around us, both the good and the bad, that we can make it through just about anything.

For me life revolves around my religion, my family, my hopes, my dreams and aspirations. I blog, tweet, and Facebook that which I am comfortable sharing publicly, the rest remains between my family and me, and even some just between God and me.

I have an upcoming concert, which has me involved in many last-minute rehearsals. I would never give it up, no matter how busy I become. It is one hour every Saturday morning filled with song, dance, and laughter, not to mention the camaraderie of some of the finest men and women I know. 

The Twist & Shout concert is just around the corner (and it's free as a nod to the current state of the economy,) July 1st, and it is an exciting time. I'm singing with the adult class, songs from Rent and Spamalot, and I have to say we are rockin' that stage! And yes, much hilarity has ensued. Heather Hunt, my sister, and Sara Terry are performing a masterful rendition of Loathing from Wicked. And Sara Terry is knocking it out of the park with Diva's Lament from Spamalot, very funny. Ryann Race from So You Think You Can Dance will be performing with Eric Burton of the Fabulous Burton Boys. The rest of the age groups are singing from many other Broadway shows, and they are stinkin' cute!

It is a fun 60 minutes of song, laughter, and dance which is the perfect family evening! I hope those of you in the Utah area will give yourselves a break, and join us. I promise, you will enjoy it!

July 1st, 7:00 p.m.
American Leadership Academy Auditorium
1172 Del Monte Rd
Spanish Fork, UT

But on to other aspects of my life.

Buy Back America airs every single day, Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. MDT on Utah's KTALK AM 630. It is also streamed live on the internet for those outside of our listening area. You may listen to any show after it has aired on the show archives.

Preparing for this show is challenging, but fun for one such as I who craves knowledge, has a deep and abiding love of God and country, and I enjoy co-hosting Buy Back America with Tim Aalders, the creator and host of the show. We talk of Main Street, America, politics, books, music, economics, history, pretty much anything that strikes our fancy. With a 33% increase in listenership over the last quarter, and 1.5 million listeners and growing, not to mention Tim's new show on Salt Lake's newest television station KPDR 19.1, the reality show and the documentary of our national bus tour ... let's just say, I honestly never saw this coming, but have grabbed onto it with everything in me.

Many who know me, read my blog or are my Facebook friend, follow me on Twitter, or listen to my show, know how deeply and irrevocably I love America. One of the greatest things about working with Tim Aalders is the way he thinks out of the box. That thinking produced the Delcaration of Restoration, a message to the U.S. federal government:



It was  such an honor to spend two days working with these every day Americans to lay out our concerns to Washington, D.C. I proudly stand with each of them, and everyone who signs this Declaration of Restoration on our website, as work together to remind America what the Founding Fathers envisioned for us. To learn more about this, and what Buy Back America is all about, please visit our website and join us in this amazing effort to restore America to that which made it great.

Our dreams in life are often ethereal and hard to grasp. For me, dreams have always been put down on paper and a plan mapped out to achieve them. Some are achieved, and some are not. Some begin, fade away, and are replaced with a stronger, more durable dream, which is what Buy Back America has become for me.

So all in all, I'm happy with my life. I awaken every day ready to take on the new challenges and fight hard for my marriage, my family, my God, and my country. I think, all in all, I'm living the American dream with all its challenges and triumphs!

Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
The Candace E. Salima Daily The Candace E. Salima Daily Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, June 26, 2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.