Convention of Statesmen

ads

Review of Journey to the Center of the Earth

The Jules Verne classic, Journey to the Center of the Earth, has been made into a movie more than once. But Walden Media's recent rendition of the same is my absolute favorite. Brenden Fraser is one of my favorite actors, and Walden Media is one of my favorite production companies, so I was willing to take a chance and go see this their version of Journey to the Center of the Earth.



No one believes that Trevor Anderson (Brendan Fraser) is on to something. Long haunted by the disappearance of his brother, Max, also a scientist, Anderson stumbles across his brother's copy of Jules Verne's classic book, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and it takes him on an unbelievable journey which he could never have begun to imagine. During an expedition in Iceland, Trevor and his teenage nephew, Sean (Josh Hutcherson), accompanied by their beautiful mountain guide, Hannah (Anita Briem), make a breakthrough discovery that launches them on a thrilling adventure into the unknown.

As their journey takes them deep beneath the Earth’s surface, they travel through never-before-seen worlds that bring them face-to-face with surreal and unimaginable creatures, stretching the bounds of the visionary scientist’s own imagination. Courage, humor and raw human emotion fill the screen on a journey you will not want to miss.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is the first live-action feature film to be shot and released entirely in digital 3D. With spectacular photo-real environments and revolutionary new filmmaking techniques, Walden Media breathes new life into an old classic.

Exciting, thrilling and outright startling at times, it took me back while I clung to my husband's arm as each new scene burst onto the screen. Poor guy, I think I cut off the blood supply to his arm more than once. The best part of this movie, as with all Walden Media films, is that it is completely clean and suitable for all family members. So keep your toddlers at home, it'll be a little too scary for them, but I'd say eight-years-old and up will absolutely adore the film.

Oh yeah, and the 3D glasses Cinemark gives you are top notch. I always get a headache with 3D movies, but not this time. I think I'm going to drag my nephew and my friends back, because Alvin doesn't like to see movies twice. Crud, who am I going to hang onto now?

The movie's not out on DVD yet, obviously. But you can purchase the Journey to the Center of the Earth book here. It's a must have addition to your home library, just as the movie will be once it is released on DVD.
Review of Journey to the Center of the Earth Review of Journey to the Center of the Earth Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, July 21, 2008 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.