Convention of Statesmen

ads

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope this day brings you so much joy, peace and happiness. I pray that your family will literally feel of the love and care our Savior feels for each and everyone. Celebrating this time of year is so amazing and so this post will be short with Rebecca Talley's tag included.

Remember to pull your families close and love them as if this were the last day you had with them. Remember how precious they are and the great and sacred gift life is, given to us by our Heavenly Father. Remember the incredible gift He gave us in His Son, Jesus Christ and the tremendous love Jesus showed by suffering for all our sins and sorrow and then breaking the bands of death. May 2008 be filled with happiness, peace and new levels of spiritual heights for each of you! Merry Christmas from the Salima Household.

Merry Christmas!

Now, on to Rebecca's tag!

Rebecca Talley tagged me . . . and I have to be honest, it's getting harder and harder to come up with things about me.

With this one, I have to come up with seven things about me. I think it only fair that it not be seven things I've already mentioned in the 100 things, or the other seven things I did, or the Christmas tag I did for Mike.

So thanks, Rebecca. I'm really having to put my brain to work!

Rules of the Meme:

1) Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven Things About Me:

1. I have been called an apologist . . . I rather prefer being called a Defender of the Faith . . . has a more positive ring to it. But it turns out being called an apologist is a good thing . . . still like the other title better.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is something that fills me to overflowing and I can do little else but reach out and share. Hence certain posts on this blog and my job at http://ldsblogs.com/. I seriously have a dream job . . . love all aspects of it. I not only manage the bloggers and the content on http://ldsblogs.com/, but I also write in the Basic Beliefs and Leaders topics, and a few others as the need arises. I love it!

2. You may not know this about me, but I am a serious, die-hard Cougar football fan . . . oh yeah, you already knew that. This is a little harder than I thought. How much did it rock that BYU won the Las Vegas Bowl! Oh yeah, the day was saved by Ethan, our nephew. How cool was that! Alvin and I were so proud.

3. Oh, oh, I got it. I'm the worst scrapbooker in the world! My best friend from high school, Linda, is taking all my pictures and going to create scrapbooks for me. Just cause she loves me. I'm terrible really, boxes of pictures, piled upon one another, news and magazine articles about me, my writing, my defending the church, piled in the same boxes . . . its a sad thing. Good thing Linda's going to save me!

4. I'm a member of LDS Storymakers, a group of authors, numbering over seventy now, who write literature aimed toward members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our purpose is to encourage authors who have already worked hard to get where they are, to strengthen the cause of literacy, and to increase the level of LDS writing.

Every year we host a Writers Conference that has grown in size and recognition until we are now receiving endorsements from some of the top publishers in the LDS Market. 2008's conference is in Sandy, Utah this year, March 21st and 22nd.

I always teach at this conference, and 2008 is no different, as do upwards of twenty to thirty other published authors, any many other authors helping in a variety of ways. Tristi Pinkston and I are in charge of the Writers Boot Camp this year . . . yeah, it's going to rock! It's one of my favorite times of year!

Sheesh - I gotta come up with three more things about me? I'm hurtin'! This has already taken me three days to come up with these three things. My guess is its going to take at least four more . . . hey, did everybody see that National Treasure II is out? Yeah, Alvin and I are going to watch it at first opportunity, which is probably tomorrow (December 18th, not whatever day this now.) -- Okay, we didn't see it, hopefully the day after Christmas!

5. Alvin and I live in the city, but I long for the day when we can settle on a small ranch, just a hundred acres or so and run some cattle and horses. It may never happen, but a girl can dream, can't she? Oh yeah, I'd have to have a foreman and some ranch hands because I really hate doing ranch and farm work. I know, odd. I just want to enjoy the ambiance and ride my horse whenever I feel like it.

6. I'm just one in a long line of artisans, musicians and writers in my family line. Here's hoping I can live up to the high standard they set! Oh yeah, and my great-grandmother was a doctor too. No slouchers amongst my ancestors . . . well, except for ---

7. I'm one of those people that just can't do anything small. When I am given a task I always say "sure" (which I really ought to reconsider that response one of these days) and then sit down to plan. Within a few hours, days at the out, a plan comes together and I'm off and running and it just gets bigger and better and before I know it I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off (huh, there's an image.) I don't know what's wrong with me, I clearly need some help.

And those are seven very pathetic things about me. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I tag: Jen at LordsoftheManor ∙ Jenna at Cranberry Corner ∙ Cheri at Crane-ium ∙ Mike at Happy Gilmores ∙ Linda at I Knew I Could Fly ∙ Mark at Mo' Boy Blog ∙ Luisa at Novembrance.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Sing if you like.
Merry Christmas Everyone! Merry Christmas Everyone! Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 Rating: 5

11 comments:

  1. I saw National Treasure on opening night. You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait, hopefully get to see it tomorrow. Merry Christmas, Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Candace! I hope your day was full of all joy and the Spirit as you celebrated with those you love.

    Warm wishes,
    Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Candace. Our Christmas was wonderful. I hope your day was too.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Candace,
    Reading your post was really fun this morning.

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the tag! It always makes me feel included. However, I have to hold off for a few more posts...because I'm about to hit 100 and I've done so many memes that I'm worried about finishing the list! So, check back soon and I'll see your 7 things and raise you 93!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to read about you when you get tagged Candace! I completed this meme a few days ago, you can read my answers
    here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candace I love reading your answers! I completed this meme a few days ago, you can read my answers
    here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Cindy. Wonderful to hear from you.

    Thanks, Kat. Hugs right back.

    I'm glad you enjoyed it, Kathleen.

    Jenna - I understand more than you know, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandra - finally saw National Treasure 2 today. IT ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tag, Candace! I'll try to get right on that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.