Convention of Statesmen

ads

Carbonite: Online Backup -- Wahoo!

All right, I'll admit it. I've lost a lot of data due to hard drive crashes before. In fact, I have one hard drive out there I'm still trying to get data off of . . . important data, and until I have a thousand dollars it isn't going to happen. So you can imagine when I heard Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh talking about Carbonite.com I kept thinking I had to check it out. It only took me a couple of three months to transfer that thought from the truck and the radio where I was listening, to the actual computer.

I signed up for the free trial, did my computer backup and am ecstatically happy at the thought of never losing anything again. Carbonite rocks! I'm so happy!

I'm not kidding. I only had to set it up once and now it just automatically updates any file I alter or adds anything new I create.

So to all my friends in Blogland . . . here's the kicker! It only costs $49.95 a year for this online storage.

From Carbonite.com I pulled this information:
Simple. Installation is a snap. Carbonite’s online backup service starts automatically and works quietly and continuously in the background protecting your data. If you’ve accidentally erased something, don’t worry; we’ve still got a copy. You can restore deleted files with just a few clicks on your PC. If your PC crashes, just visit our website to recover lost files.

Safe. Your data is stored safely at our secure remote backup centers. No one can see your data but you because your files are encrypted before they leave your computer. We use the same encryption techniques that most banks and e-payment sites do.

Always On. Carbonite online backup software is always looking for new data on your PC. The moment you add or modify files, Carbonite swings into action to back up your data. Whenever your PC is connected to the Internet (at home, the office, a hotel or airport…) Carbonite is working to keep your data safe. And it will never slow down your PC or Internet connection.
So all my pictures, all my music, all my work, all my manuscripts, all my screenplays, my journals, my records, my genealogy and family history etc . . . never to be lost again! Check out Carbonite by Clicking Here, I'm pretty sure you'll be glad you did! Merry Christmas to us!

Oh yeah, you can click on the picture too and I'll be keeping this as a permanent link in my right-hand column.

By the way, check out my new voice blog, also found in the right-hand column. I'll be recording messages every so often -- today I recorded a post I'd written for LDSBlogs.com called You Stand Not Alone. I felt it appropriate for this season. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Carbonite: Online Backup -- Wahoo! Carbonite: Online Backup -- Wahoo! Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, December 24, 2007 Rating: 5

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. I'll have to check it out. When I'm working on a manuscript, I email myself a copy at the end of each writing session. Then I can access it anywhere, on anyone's computer. It's come in handy when I've been at the copy store and need to print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, this sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing. It's on my New Year to-do list to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be a little paranoid about someone having a back door to my computer, but this has definite possibilities. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the way it works. It's a very secure system - although, nothing, not even the DOD is secure under the attack of a determined hacker. But then, neither is your home computer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.