Convention of Statesmen

ads

Utah's Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes!

So yesterday was the day! The Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes met for the first time at Golden Corral. I remembered a lot of things . . . I forgot the camera. Ladies, did any of us take any pictures? I feel so silly!

When I dropped by to reserve the room, the manager of Golden Corral asked,

"What name will the reservation be under?"

"Hmm, well, you better put down Blogging Babes."

He stopped, he looked at me and then said,

"Well now, that poses a lot of questions."

I just grinned and thanked him and went on my merry way. Later, the waitresses told us he'd told them that as well and really wanted to know what we were. What a let down for them to find out we were just a bunch of bloggers.

Anyway, we met at Golden Corral, we being the following:

Ali at Girl in a Whirl
Anne at Not Entirely British
Anne at Twas Brillig
Donna at Donna's Journey
Jen at Lords of the Manor
Jeri at Fickle Pickle
Lori at Scott Smith Photography
Shellie at Random Thoughts From the Archives of a Frazzled Mind
Suzanne at Chocolate Daydreams
Tristi at Tristi Pinkston LDS Author

and

Me at Dream Just a Little More and . . . by Candace

Golden Corral gave us a cute little room all to ourselves and the salad bar was fantastic and the food pretty good. Of course, Tristi was disappointed there no pine nuts on the salad bar. And Jeri, was it you who said there were no artichokes? Anyway, it was no problem for me, I don't like pine nuts and artichokes so I didn't notice the lack.

Jen and Ali had to navigate through the worst traffic and accident to join us from up north. Thanks for making the effort ladies, we were so happy you made it!

We had people donate some wonderful prizes:

Karlene Browning over at Custom Online Scents donated a party pack (that would be lotion, shower gel and perfume) of the new . . . by Candace scent "Babe" which was inspired by the Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes.

Karlene also donated copies of the books "The Stork Gives No Returns" and Cindy Bezas book "Powerful Tips for Powerful Teachers".

Sandra Sorenson at Your Scent Your Way donated an oil warmer and two delicious oils, one of green apple and one of cinnamon. I adore my oil warmer and believe it will be the all new rage! Somebody's house is going to be smelling really great!

Anne Bradshaw at Not Entirely British donated a copy of her new book Please, No Zits! which is really turning into a favorite of readers everywhere. She also brought these delicious chocolate things that were sheer heaven.

And I donated a big gift basket which contained Forged in the Refiner's Fire, 13-0: Reflections of Champions and Out of the Shadows Into the Light, a bottle of Xoçai Activ Drink, 25 to 30 Xoçai chocolate nuggets, a Butterfinger, a Snickers and a bag of M&M's.

Sadly, I cannot remember who won what . . . ladies chime in when enter a comment and let us know who won what.

We had so much fun talking and getting to know everyone. Tristi Pinkston was the spotlighted blogger and it was fun learning about her books, her Scentiments business and her family. Next month Jen Lords over at Lords of the Manor will be telling us all about herself.

So all in all - we had a complete and utter blast. I tried to pass the mantle, but nobody wanted it. So I guess I'm in charge of this little group.

Our next get together is November 9th -- it'll be date night with your sweethearts ladies. I'll let you know where in a week or so, but it will definitely begin at 6:30 p.m. on that lovely fall evening. Tristi Pinkston has promised to recomprise her role as LDS Storymakers Conference Fairy and will be singing the song "I've Been Rejected" from the 2006 LDS Storymakers Writers Conference. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!

Addendum: Those who were missing in action yesterday for one valid reason or another:

Annette Lyon at The Lyon's Tale - speaking engagement.
Heather Moore at My Writer's Lair - speaking engagement.
Jana Sperry at Mom Interrupted
Janet Jensen at Janet's Blog - speaking engagement.
Jennifer Wilks at Confessions of a Lifelong Bookworm
Jill Q at Mental Tesserae
Julia Goff at Where Oh Where Has My Mind Gone . . . Today - stuck in Cedar City.
Karen Hoolver at A Writer's Ramblings - jury duty and a broken van.
Karlene Browning at Inksplasher - on the road from Kentucky to Utah.
Michele Paige at My Paige - had to teach.
Sandra Sorensen at The Dance - had to teach.
Stephanie Fowers at Stephanie Fowers - didn't know about it, she's a new member as of yesterday.

Wow, this group is really growing. The bigger the better.
Utah's Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes! Utah's Beautiful Bodacious Babbling Blogging Babes! Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, October 05, 2007 Rating: 5

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for organizing the get together, Candace. It really was interesting getting to match real people with their blogs. What a delightful group of wise women.

    And yes, I was the lucky winner of Karlene's Online Scent, the new . . . by Candace . By the way, what does the . . . by Candace mean? I've been puzzling over that since seeing it on your blog. Did you forget the name or something? Or do we choose what we like? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne - no problem. It really was so much fun to get know these ladies we've only met in Blogland.

    . . . by Candace is the name of the signature fragrances I have designed. It means I personally created each and every fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely to meet you yesterday! I've added everyone to my feed reader so I can keep track of you all until our next meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Jen. What a great idea to keep track of us. I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was way fun!! I'm looking forward to next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added everyone to my feeds as well. As soon as I get back to UT, I'll be reading all of you regularly. Right now I have such limited internet time as I'm traveling from KY to UT.

    Can't wait for our next one. Plan to be there for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karlene - we have more people in our group. I'll add an addendum to the post with their URLs as well.

    Drive safely and see you when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for putting all those links - and putting on the lunch. It was great fun! I have to clarify that I was the artichoke comment, and it was the fact that they HAD them that was impressive (wouldn't want to ruin their rep unfairly). Now I'm off to figure out a blog feed. Think I know what it is, hopefully the set-up is fill in the dots? So much to learn...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. It sounds like a lot of fun. Makes me almost wish I lived in Utah! The rest of us will just live vicariously through your blog.

    It's great of you to organize this Candace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne - okay, duly noted. I knew someone, somewhere had mentioned artichokes. How cool that Golden Corral has them on their salad bar --- not.

    I haven't figured out the feed yet, so don't feel bad.

    Holly - if I could figure out a way to teleport all of blogland buddies in, I would. Believe me. See, this just proves my point. The wrong people are rich.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So,is this group by invitation only, or can anyone of the female writerish persuasion drop in?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...you had a wonderful turnout and it sounds like it was a fun time.

    Wish I lived closer.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy - of course you're invited! Just drop me an email so I can add you to the email list. By the way -- the open invitation is in the righthand column on my blog.

    Carrie - we had a blast.

    Kat - We did. I wish all my blogland buddies lived closer. It would have been wonderful to have you there.

    Uh oh, that got my brain cookin'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I wish I wish I wish. But Alberta is just too far from Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have now reupdated my feed reader with everyone's blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know Suzanne already clarified - but I'll add to it - I was most certainly NOT on the lookout for artichokes. I don't think I'd recognize one if it jumped out and bit me on the nose.

    Yesterday was delightful - thank you. I feel like a total SCHMUCK because when it was time for me to rush out, my brain had already shifted into "go pick up the carpool" mode and I completely spaced leaving a tip. I promise I will leave twice my share next time. I'm SO sorry to whoever got stuck with it. SORRY SORRY SORRY!!

    And to W.L. ELLIOT - you don't even have to be of the "writerish persuasion" - I don't write at all - and they let me come and play:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness--TIPS! I totally forgot, also. Very sorry, everyone. I'll leave double next time :-)

    And Candace--when you figure out the blog feed thing, please can you post about it?? I could put everyone on my Next feature, I suppose, but a blog feed sounds much simpler. Maybe we need both. Or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dang! This is the brilliant blog of babes you invited me along to Candace, but I couldn't come. Being in TN really messes with the nifty social life... =D =D

    It sounded like SO much fun. Ahhhh, I was with you in spirit. Next time you get together, have a moment's thought for all those who would like to be there but can't... =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna Maria - yes, I have to agree. Driving from Alberta is a little excessive, just for lunch or dinner. Of course, all these comments have given me an idea. We'll take a video camera next time and share with blogland.

    Jen - I need help. I used Mozilla, how to add to my feeds. I can't figure it out!

    Jeri - You and me both, as to the artichokes. Don't worry about the tip, it was all taken care of. And Wendy, Jeri's right. You are most welcome!

    Anne - Don't worry about it. We'll all do better next time. I looked in my wallet and all my money was gone. Tristi covered me for the tip. Oh yeah, I owe Tristi money for the tip!

    Kelley - we'll definitely do that. but Kat has my brain cookin'. I need to ponder on it a little longer. But stay posted for my next brainstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had tons of fun! I joined the webring & hopefully I did it right. Have fun & I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Keeley - I'm sorry I spelled your name wrong.

    Kate - we did have fun and you did join the webring right. You're live! Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I use google reader, I also use Mozilla for my browser...just go to google.com/reader and click "add subscription" and then copy & paste the url. Hope this helps! I'd never keep track of all my blogs if I didn't. I have heard other feed readers are better, but I like that being logged into blogspot logs me into google reader as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It sounds like good times were had by all. Maybe next summer there will be another one? I will be visiting family at some point :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ordinary Mom - Absolutely there will be one next summer. We're planning on meeting every single month for either lunch or dinner. All you have to do is check the BBBBB sidebar note before you come and you'll know when and where. Also, drop me an email so I can have a nametag ready for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Almost makes me wish I lived in Utah. But I agree with Anna Maria, it is just too far to drive from Alberta.

    Anna Maria, where in Alberta are you?

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi candace:
    so neat that you got to meet some of your favorite blogger babes! i am jealous! :) sometimes, i hate that i live soooo far away up here in alaska, but i love it here, too.

    glad you guys had fun, kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stephanie and Kathleen - wish you guys lived here too. But you do live in some beautiful country, so that's a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.