Convention of Statesmen

ads

Date Night

Alvin has been wanting to see the Transformers Movie since he heard it was being made. Life's been a little crazy so we didn't get a chance to go see it until last night.

We dropped by our favorite dollar theater, Festival Cinemas, for date night. They were showing Transformers, Hairspray (which we saw earlier in the week), Ratatouille and Harry Potter. I'll admit it, I wasn't terribly anxious to watch Transformers. I love my husband, so there we were.

I liked it. I mean, I really, really liked it. I thought the dialog was good, the action swift, the pacing well done . . . I really liked it.

A Decepticon (that would be a bad guy) attacks a U.S. base located in Qatar, only five men survive to work their way back to the U.S. The Decepticon was after top secret data, why?

Another Decepticon (an icky little one) breaks into Air Force One again to access top secret data. Why?

We are then introduced to Sam Witwicky right at the beginning as he is attempting to hock his great-grandfather's belongings from an expedition to the Arctic Circle where he discovered Megatron, the head of the bad guy transformers, buried deep in the ice. The fun part, he's doing this during a school presentation. This sets the tone for the movie. Comedic moments interspersed with heart pounding action, it is the Transformers, after all.

Sam buys a car, and that car comes alive as Bumblebee. This car allows him to offer the girl he's always liked a ride home. He is introduced to the Optimus Prime and the others (my husband explained them all to me as the movie went along) and the chaos begins. A power source must be located and destroyed or all mankind is lost.



Directed by Michael Bay with executive producer, Steven Spielburg, could it be anything but good? I loved the movie. This one is going in our movie library. There was only one more thing I wanted in this movie.

Off and on, at the beginning of the movie our young hero, Sam, has trouble with a jock at school. After saving the world, I would have loved to see one more confrontation between those two, at school. Alvin and I both wanted that. But alas, it never came. Probably ended up on the editing room cutting floor . . . mistake!

Drop by Festival Cinemas. Great snacks, good movies, family atmosphere! Loving the place.

Date Night Date Night Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, October 06, 2007 Rating: 5

9 comments:

  1. Not my kind of movie, but I'm glad you had a good time.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat and you have a great weekend too. Yeah, you have to really like explosions and action to enjoy this one. Fortunately, I do. Also, there was enough interspersed humor to break it up.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Transformers! I'd buy it next Tuesday (I think that's when it comes out anyway) on DVD even if I didn't have a dorky husband who still loves 80's super hero cartoons and a 9 year old son (who watches them with his dad and almost likes them as much)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecily - next week? Cool. I hope it'll come out for a decent price so that I can surprise my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were just talking about this movie and whether we should go or not--so it's funny that it's on your blog. Now we'll have to catch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janette - hope you enjoy it. I really, really liked it, which my husband greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My adult kids dragged me to this and I really enjoyed it. Sam was so cute, the girl, beautiful, and the good transformers (can't remember their names) were deliciously corny. What a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. candace:
    for real, you really did enjoy this movie with alvin? or were you joking that you enjoyed this? katheen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Framed - it is a fun movie. We're going to put it in our movie library.

    Kathleen - I really did enjoy it, a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.