Convention of Statesmen

ads

Heroes of Literature

Carole over at Musings from Paradise tagged me for a fun and very unique game. It's what ten characters from literature would you make-out with if you were single? Oh my goodness, do I have to go see my bishop after creating this list?

I think it goes without saying that I'd choose my husband above any and all men in the world, fiction or not. But, if I lived within the written pages of a book these are the men I would choose.

Mr. Darcy of Pride and Prejudice (Bantam Classics) (Jane Austen)

Slade Taggart from Out of the Shadows . . . Into the Light (Candace Salima)

Ethan Quinn from Rising Tides: The Chesapeake Bay Saga #2 (Nora Roberts)

Adam Rutherford from Into the Light (Judith Duncan)

Luke Danner from All Night Long (Jayne Ann Krentz)

Noah Bishop from "Bishop" Special Crimes Unit Series (Kay Hooper)

Gabe Dalton from Miss Emmaline and the Archangel (Rachel Lee)

Marc Chastain of Kill and Tell (Linda Howard)

The characteristics these men all share is their willingness to fight for what is right, defend their loved ones and others in need, fierce patriots, tender but tough hearts, tall strong bodies and the ability to keep going no matter the cost. If these men really existed, my heart would definitely be beating a little faster.

On a side note: my job at LDSBlogs.com is taking a little more time than I believed it would as we get everything refined, edited, molded, etc. Because of that I haven't been able to make all my usual visits to my blogging friends. I miss you all! I'll be dropping by Sunday, after I return from a speaking engagement on Joseph Smith in Santaquin.

On Sunday, for the first time in two years, my husband and I get to go to church together. He received a promotion at work, he's now home at night AND gets every other Sunday morning off. It has been a wonderful transition and I am SO excited to go to church tomorrow.

What was written at LDSBlogs.com today:

Nephi's Psalm
O God, Where art thou?
We Believe . . .
The Atonement of Jesus Christ
Parley P. Pratt
Heroes of Literature Heroes of Literature Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, October 13, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. hi candace:
    i love that scripture passage; that is on of my favorites!

    way cool, awesome happy for you that you and alvin will get to go to church together some. excellent. i am the only mormon in my immediate family, so i am glad that my daughter will sometimes go with me. i wish so much that my hubby would want to go with me, too. (he went one time, Christmas time, a year ago.)

    but i am VERY GRATEFUL that since august, my immediate family has been having a prayer almost every night. it took a really tough experience to get him to start praying with me. now, it is a regular habit for all of us together and we take turns each night. we don't family prayer every single night, but mostly. but this is something they NEVER did before august. just grateful for that. didn't mean to talk about this so much, you struck a chord with me when you brought up how your hubby can go to church with you now. IT IS AWESOME that he wants to go with you :)

    take care, kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen - I know it is very tough to be married to someone who is not a Latter-day Saint. I will keep you and your family in my prayers in hopes that their hearts will be softened and that they will be able to hear when the Holy Spirit whispers to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, you are a good sport to play along. I found your list interesting, especially since the only one I know is Mr. Darcy! I guess I need to get reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you that your husband can now go to church with you, even if it's just every other Sunday!! My husband has had to work many many Sundays and it's just hard to know that you have to get up and go alone again while they go off to work. The Lord does strengthen us to do what we have to and then blesses us for our faith. Congratulations on his job promotion and also on your new job over at LDSBlogs.com. I have enjoyed what I have read over there so far. You are an amazing writer!! Thanks for sharing your talent with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you candace. man, that made me tear up when i read your note to me.

    about the make out meme, come over to my blog tonight. i read the funniest one, you gotta read this in case you haven't seen this one yet. it totally cracked me up.

    thanks for the prayer friend, you are cool, kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Darcy tops my list too. Dang it . . . I need to be faster at this blog thing! I tagged you for this same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.