Convention of Statesmen

ads

Establishing a Religion Library

If you know anything about me now you know that I love my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, heart and soul. You know that I am deep studier of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I devour the words of prophets, apostles and trusted theologians like children plowing through their trick-or-treat bags on Halloween.

As I was looking at building upon my Freedom Library I noticed the large number of religious texts I have as well. I remembered, at that very moment, how many people call or email me with questions about the gospel and events in Church History. I then realized I was well on my way to having a serious Religious Library too. As much I sincerely believe we need a Freedom Library, I also believe we need a Religious Library.

Here are a few of the books I have in my religious library:



I am have many, many more but these are a good place to start. Make sure you a good set of the scriptures, large book size are my favorite. A subscription to the Ensign magazine will also provide you a solid collection of the writings of the prophets and apostles since the magazine's inception. More than affordable, you'll love the knowledge it brings into your home.

On a side note: Alvin goes into the hospital tomorrow morning for surgery. He will be in the hospital three to five days. So I probably won't be blogging much or checking in until he comes home. Everyone have a wonderful week and I'll catch ya on the flip side. (Oh yeah, that dates me.)
Establishing a Religion Library Establishing a Religion Library Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, October 29, 2007 Rating: 5

6 comments:

  1. Hey Everyone,

    I see a couple of typos and left justify, which I don't like. But Blogger won't let me edit it. That happens with a post once awhile although I do not know why. Sorry about that. Have a great day -- by the way, I've pre-written several posts. I was hit with a flash of inspiration and brilliance so I will post through Alvin's stay, as long as it remains with the 3 to 5 day scenario. Pray that it does. His hospital stays never go well. I'm praying hard that this goes exactly according to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers will be uttered from me on Alvin's behalf and for you.

    I love that you have a library of spiritually uplifting books. I cherish such books myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book recommendations. I will look into those, and add some to my ever-growing gospel library.

    Good luck to Alvin, thoughts and prayers are with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well with Alvin's surgery. You'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the surgery. Those are always stressful times. Don't worry about blogging. We'll still be here when you get back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ajoy - thanks. It's a wonderful thing to see. Probably the writer in me, but I love looking up and seeing these fantastic books and then just knowing which one to grab when I need the information. Love it. Thanks for the prayers. They matter.

    Marne - you'll enjoy the knowledge you gain and being able to remind yourself often. It's great. And again, thanks for the prayers.

    Thanks Rebecca, turned out to be a little bit of a scary day, but he's doing better.

    Dancin' Queen - thanks. My friends from Blogland really rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.