Convention of Statesmen

ads

Much to my consternation . . .

An interesting phenomena has occurred. I'm one of those people who takes something they've learned and take it to an art form. Really, on occasion it is quite humbling. Let me give you an example.

When Tristi Pinkston recommended I create my own blog, I thought about it for awhile and then jumped right into the deep end. Oh, there was no dipping of the toe. It was a running, screaming, jumping into the deep end cannonball that splashed water for miles!

So, I thought to myself as I created my blog. I really don't want to create a blog no one will read. Okay, so sue me, that's the writer in me. I like to think, ponder and write stuff. Sometimes its funny, sometimes its not. You've probably already figured that part out.

So I spent about an hour or so a day cruising blogland. I started by checking the links on Tristi's page. I found some great blogs that way. I followed the links on the new blogs and so on. Soon, I had immersed myself in the blogging community. It was fun. It was addicting. It required self-control if I was to get any writing done and keep my house clean and the laundry done. But I loved it!

Then one day, on my blog, I noticed the View My Complete Profile link. I wondered why all my interests and books, etc. were hyperlinked. I clicked on Nora Roberts name and wahlah! I found myself in a blogland of Nora Roberts fans. Then I proceeded to click on all the others. Then I started clicking on my interests and checking out the blogs attached to those. (I don't recommend clicking on Mormon, heck of a lot of anti-Mormon stuff there, LDS is much safer.) It took me into so many communities and I LOVED reading all the blogs.

And then it happened, I wondered what would happen if I entered my name as one of my favorite authors. How many bloggers would have me listed as one of their favorite too? So I typed it in, saved it and clicked.

Talk about the proverbial pin in the balloon. My excitement plummeted to dismay. Nobody, but nobody had named me as a favorite author. Big sigh. Really, really big sigh.

So, back I went to blogland and found this cute little test. I'm a yellow crayon. I needed some joy. Yellow's good right?


You Are a Yellow Crayon



Your world is colored with happy, warm, fun colors.

You have a thoughtful and wise way about you. Some people might even consider you a genius.

Charming and eloquent, you are able to get people to do things your way.

While you seem spontaneous and free wheeling, you are calculating to the extreme.

Your color wheel opposite is purple. You both are charismatic leaders, but purple people act like you have no depth.



Good thing I like yellow. Now, back to work at writing something that will have people listing me as their favorite author! Hint, hint, hint.

Don't forget to nominate your husband for the "Best Husband in the World" contest!
Much to my consternation . . . Much to my consternation . . . Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, September 06, 2007 Rating: 5

14 comments:

  1. Hi Candace,
    I completely understand not wanting to write in a blog that no one will read. I have always kept handwritten journals, but since blogging, I have neglected them. I tell myself that I will print off the most important pages of my Blog and put them in a binder so that I won't feel bad about neglecting my journaling. Also, I love being able to share my feelings with others as well as put my writing out there. Some days my tracker shows me that there were many, many hits and other days almost nothing.
    Anyway, I understand.
    I have never read your books, but look forward to getting one of them. At least you can say you are published...it must be an awsome feeling!!!
    Thanks for visiting OurPlace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri,

    It's an interesting feeling, isn't it?

    I hope you enjoy my books. I have romantic suspense, sports biography and religious (inspiration) nonfiction, as well as two health booklets.

    Yeah, like my blog I have wide and varied interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace

    We actually do have you listed as a link on our website - but it's listed as LDS Storymakers. We had so many Storymakers we wanted to list, we thought it would be easier to just send our visitors to the one website. I'm sorry you were so sad to not find your name out there! Rest assured, there are many of us who love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I'm going to have to figure out how to put you on my profile as a favorite author--and I'm going to have to check my name which I'm sure will be really depressing. On the bright side though, I have noticed that a lot of times people misspell my name. Maybe you're just listed as Kandace or Candice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danyelle,

    You're so cute. Thanks -- I'll have to add LDS Storymakers to my Favorite Books section and see what happens. Thanks for linking us there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janette,

    You're so funny. I went and added you to my Favorite Books section. In fact, I think all LDS Storymakers should add each others so that we feel better about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came up as a red crayon. I'm sorry, but that is such a lie. I'm Carnation Pink, dang it!

    Meanwhile, I've never put in my own name. I'm a big chicken. With feathers. And a beak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to enter all the Storymakers later today ... then there will be at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a funny post. I can relate.

    And... my color is GREEN. Which, does not surprise me in the least - it is my most favorite color of late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi candace:
    maybe you're being misspelled as sherry dew? joshing ya sweetie :) i am sure enjoying reading you, so you keep it coming girl.

    come and see me, for you have also inspired and amused me these last few day. come on, i know you want to ... come visit :)

    thanks for the smiles this week,
    kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Misspelled as Sherry Dew? Probably not, you need to read the rant at the end of what I just posted for today's blog. Little cranky there!

    I'm glad you're enjoying the blogs.

    Your post today was really beautiful. Thanks so much for that testimony trial and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Texasblu,

    Yes, I imagine all bloggers can relate. Green is a great color and one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know there arn't many people reading my blog. Either that, or the thousands who do read it feel too inferior to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well there's a positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.