Convention of Statesmen

ads

Oh, That's What It Means!

There's something about the majesty of God's creation, every mountain, valley, river and lake that just remind me who's ultimately in charge.

This just makes me want to toss out a blanket, lean up against a tree and open a good book. Then take a really long nap.

I don't even know where this is? I know it's called Three Rivers . . . anyone have an idea?

Now back to the inanity of these tests.

Make sure to see my comments after this!

Your Birthdate: July 26

You lucked out with the skills to succeed in almost any arena.

Put you in almost any business or classroom, and you'll rise to the top.

You're driven and intense, but you also know when to kick back and cooperate.

Your ability to adapt to almost any situation is part of what's going to make you a success.

Your strength: Your attention to detail

Your weakness: You can be a little too proud of your successes

Your power color: Turquoise

Your power symbol: Arrow pointing up

Your power month: August

What Does Your Birth Date Mean?

I don't like the color turquoise and my power symbol is pointing up? Okay, up could indicate that I'm reaching toward the heavens, but come on, I want my power symbol to be that of an African lion in full roar! And my favorite color . . . look to the colors of the sunset and we might be getting close.

Why would my power month be August when my birthday is in July? Of course the light of my life, my husband, was born in August, so maybe that's okay.

And well, the rest of it . . . okay, that's true. I should be the CEO of a huge corporation by now, either that or outselling Nora Roberts. Now, how cool would that be?

Check this song from Marie, it was always one of my favorites: Read My Lips



Great song, isn't it?
------------------------------------------------------------

Today the son of a friend is being buried. His obituary reads:

Daily Herald

Clayton Sean Barnes passed away while serving his country as an Apache helicopter pilot on Monday, August 20, 2007. Clayton was born on March 24, 1977, in Fort Campbell, Kentucky. He joined the Utah National Guard when he was 17 years old, and has been proudly serving with them for the last 13 years. He always knew he wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and become a helicopter pilot. Clayton, who was known by his fellow aviators as "Buddha," achieved the rank of Chief Warrant Officer 2, and he felt honored to be able to fight for the country he loved by serving a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

Clayton packed more experiences into his 30 years on Earth than most people do in a lifetime. He served in the Manila Philippines Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He graduated from Brigham Young University and was just beginning dental school. He married the love of his life, Melinda Daniels, in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on February 11, 2000, and his life revolved around her and their three children. Clayton was very excited about the upcoming birth of their fourth child, a baby girl, due this November. He always made time for his family, and one of his greatest joys in life was making his kids laugh.

We'll remember Clayton for so many reasons. He was always willing to help those in need. He had a strong belief in his religion, and he loved sharing his testimony with others. He loved learning, spending time with friends, riding dirt bikes, flying, snowboarding, and teaching his kids how to rip it up on their battery-powered Hummer.

Most of all, we'll remember Clayton's smile. He was always happy; no matter when you saw him you knew he'd have a huge grin on his face. He loved life, he adored his family, and his happiness was contagious--you couldn't help smiling when you were with him. Clayton was the rock of his family, the person everyone knew they could rely on. Even though it was much too short, his life was full, and it was always filled with joy. We know he's still smiling at us from up in Heaven. We love you Clayton.

Clayton is survived by his wife, Melinda, his children, his parents, Susan Linda Covington and Charles Scott Barnes, his brothers, Christian and Chad, his sisters, Susannah and Summer, and many nieces and nephews.

Clayton's viewing will be held on Friday, August 24, 2007 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. and on Saturday, August 25, 2007 from 10:00-10:45 a.m. at the LDS Stake Center on 650 W 800 South in Payson, Utah. His funeral will also be held at the Stake Center on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. Funeral services are being provided by SereniCare Funeral Directors. Clayton will be buried in the Orem City Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the "In Memory of Clayton Barnes" fund at any Wells Fargo bank. Online condolences may be submitted to www.serenicare.com.

This story appeared in The Daily Herald on page C4

There is very little I can add to this. My heart grieves for Scott and the family. They were in our ward at one time, although Clayton was already on his mission when we moved in. I pray that the Lord pours comfort, peace, and the calming balm of Gilead upon this family, and I pray that they receive it.

Two Utah Guard Pilots Killed -- 23 August 2007
National Guard Releases Names of Fallen Pilots -- 23 August 2007
Crash Kills 2 Soldiers in Cedar Valley -- 22 August 2007

Oh, That's What It Means! Oh, That's What It Means! Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, August 25, 2007 Rating: 5

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born on April 6th. Growing up I loved being born on that day with all the significance it has with the church...

    I love all of Marie's songs. I think I know most of them by heart. I love singing Meet Me in Montana to my CD because in a way, I am singing a duet with Marie... hehehe

    I didn't know your friend, Clayton, but my heart goes out to his family. I am in awe of these men and women who put everything on the line for our country. I hope we can end this war soon. I support the troops and think we should give them everything they need to succeed and complete their missions, but more importantly, I want them all to come home safe to their families, as soon as possible.

    p.s.- didn't you get a chuckle at Marie's hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to be born on April 6th -- it is such a sacred date for a number reasons, the latest of which is the official organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on April 6, 1830.

    I always remember Boyd K. Packer talking about being sent back east to speak some leaders by the prophet. He asked the prophet for advice and all he got was, "Remember, there aren't just six of us anymore." Oh, how I love that comment!

    Marie's hairstyle in this video is rather symbolic of the hairstyle I used to have, although mine was smaller. I LOVED my hair when I was modeling and I miss it, A LOT!

    As to every soldier who serves this nation, laying their lives on the line simply by virtue of serving in the U.S. military -- I pray constantly and fervently for their safety and return. Clayton had already returned from Afghanistan and was due to be released from the National Guard the very next day. He due to begin school that day in pursuing a degree in dentristy. It breaks my heart to see a young life taken so soon. But I trust in the Father and know that when the protector of a family is taken, great strength and protection comes from the other side of the veil. Never has this been more evident to me than since my father died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogthing really messed up this time -- apparently I'm some sort of Donald Trump in embryo. It did say however that my power color is plum -- I like plum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Well, my birthday is June 26, and I got the exact same response as you did, Candace. I'm not sure I agree with any of it, but at least I'm in good company!

    Hope all is well with you and Alvin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brianna,

    Hmmm, the tests are very interesting. Alvin and I are doing fine. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, my test result was SO unlike me it was almost irritating. Except my "power month" is September and that's when my husband's birthday is so I guess that one works. =)

    Oh my!!! ROFL! Oh dear, I remember having clothes with humongo shoulder pads. =D Luckily the punk thing kicked in before I got REALLY into them...and then I joined the church so that ended the punk thing. =D =D

    Oh my goodness. Oh dear, my heart just aches and hurts for Clayton's family. Three little children and one on the way. I can't even imagine what his wife is going through...and the little ones will miss their Daddy so much. Oh dear. I have to go bawl a bit. May the Lord bless them and uplift them and carry them through this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeley,

    You have to admit, it is hysterical though. I'm much a proponent of The Color Code by Dr. Taylor Hartman. Of all tests, and I'll admit, the ones I post on my site are very silly, that one is the most accurate. The theory being that we must become balanced in all colors.

    Oh, you had to remind me about the shoulder pads. I REMEMBER those! I was in college the first half of the 80's.

    And yes, I am so sad for Clayton's family. But I also know, without question, that if they will allow it, the Lord will pour an unbelievable amount of peace and comfort upon them. Also, Clayton will be able to help them more from that side, as unbelievable as that sounds. But still, his wife and children just make my heart bleed. We must never forget the sacrifices our soldiers make. Never, never, never.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read about Clayton in the SL Trib and cried then, as I'm doing now. I know all the things you've said are true, but still, those little ones and pregnant wife just make me so sad. Great blog, BTW, I found you through East of Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My birthday is August 6th, and it said my power month is June. Weird thing is that is when my husbands birthday is. How do they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mindi,

    Yes, it is a very sad thing. I don't know that I can add anymore than I already have in previous comment responses.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Glad you found me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.