Convention of Statesmen

ads

Book Review: The Tower by Simon Toyne

by Candace Salima 
Posted on US Daily Review 
8:00 a.m. on 30 June 2013

I was so anxious to dive into Simon Toyne’s latest offering The Tower, the third book in the Sanctus series; the first being Sanctus, the second being The Key. I anxiously awaited as each new book arrived, and have had a blast interviewing Simon. When The Tower arrived from Harper Collins I started looking for openings in my schedule. So as soon as I had a quiet moment I settled in, opened the book and fell into the final chapter of the Sanctus trilogy. 

Knowing what I do about the political and religious climate of the day, it was interesting to see the viewpoint of an author across the Pond on what they see in America, told through the pages of a story. To be honest, how Toyne approached it actually withdrew me from the story slightly, because it seems to be all the literary rage to dissect Christianity. However, he is a brilliant wordsmith and storyteller, so not by much.

Read More on US Daily Review >>

Copyright 2013. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

Book Review: The Tower by Simon Toyne Book Review: The Tower by Simon Toyne Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, June 30, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.