Convention of Statesmen

ads

Obamacare Upheld by SCOTUS, Mostly

by Candace Salima

Well, it happened. I do believe I was struck speechless this morning when the Supreme Court of the United States handed down a muddy, not to mention cowardly, 5/4 decision on Obamacare. They struck down the Individual Mandate as being viable when using the Commerce Clause and the Good and Proper Clause, but decided to transfer it to a tax which will be taken from your yearly tax refund, or added to your yearly income tax bill from the federal government. Therefore, Obamacare is now the largest tax hike in America's history. The American people, already shouldering the $16 trillion national debt, $5 trillion of which is Obama's, cannot withstand an additional $500 billion tax. Although, the price of Obamacare is $1.4 trillion, so I'm certain the American taxpayer will be shouldered with the whole thing.

Do you remember when Barack Obama swore, ad nauseum, that Obamacare was not a tax. Well, that's not what his legal team argued when they went before the Supreme Court. And SCOTUS handed a flawed victory over to the Obama Camp. But, is it really a victory. I don't think so, because the American people are once again energized to defeat Barack Obama and the Democrats.

For myself, I now see the American People as the only defenders of the U.S. Constitution. SCOTUS has joined with the Executive Branch and manipulated the U.S. Constitution completely beyond recognition. John Boehner, the Speaker of the House is about to hold a press conference stating the House of Representatives will repeal Obamacare in its entirety. That's great, but we know that Harry Reid will shut it down before it ever sees the light of day on the U.S. Senate floor.

It is now time for conservatives to stop the infighting, accusing each other of being too conservative or not conservative enough, and realize that we are all Americans. The Republic, for which we stand, is under a greater threat than it has ever been. It is up to you and me, because we cannot count on the Executive Branch, the Judicial Branch, and the Legislative Branch is freaking sketchy.

We have two choices. We could, as our Founding Fathers did, pick up arms and fight. Or, and this is by far the wiser choice, we can use the path the Founding Fathers gave us, and defeat this enemy in a peaceful manner at the ballot box. That is the path I choose.

Let's look first at what Mitt Romney had to say about the Supreme Court decision?
"I disagree with the Supreme Court. I agree with the dissension. What the Supreme Court failed to do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day in office if I am elected President of the United States. I will repeal Obamacare." Mitt Romney
$16 trillion in debt, America now faces, and if Congress does not act and act quickly, we will be facing an unprecedented crisis in America. The American people cannot shoulder the financial burdens we have now, we certainly cannot handle another $1.4 trillion with Obama's Cadillac Healthcare. We must take back the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives must be held. If Barack Obama wins on November 6th, the Republic will fall.

Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.

Obamacare Upheld by SCOTUS, Mostly Obamacare Upheld by SCOTUS, Mostly Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, June 28, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.