Convention of Statesmen

ads

WalMart Stands Behind its Warranties

The papers and airwaves are rife with how "evil" WalMart is ... but that has not been my experience at all. Last year I purchased a television, and chose to purchase the WalMart warranty as well. I didn't believe I would need that warranty, but it always pays to be careful just in case something happens and the manufacturer doesn't stand behind it's product. Within months of the purchase the power supply on the television went out. I contacted the manufacturer and was sent from phone number to phone number, state to state, and finally out of the country trying to get the company to stand behind its product. But they refused.

I was very discouraged, as the above described process brought months and months of frustration for us. My husband and I got to the point where we determined we would never purchase a single item from that manufacturer again. And of course, me being who I am, I posted it on Facebook and Twitter as well. (By the way, stay away from anything made by Emerson.) As a last resort, we returned to WalMart to ask if we had any recourse, or would we have to wait until Emerson's "year-long warranty," which was no warranty at all, was complete?

WalMart not only stepped up, they mailed a shipping box, prepaid label included, within 2 to 3 days. We boxed up the television and sent it to WalMart's repair center who called as soon as it was received. They called again, 4 days later, to say it was repaired and on its way back to us. They thanked us for shopping with WalMart and hoped we were happy. To say the least, we were ecstatic. We weren't out all that money after all. WalMart did what Emerson would not, and provided excellent customer service.

So thank you to, WalMart. You rock!

Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
WalMart Stands Behind its Warranties WalMart Stands Behind its Warranties Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, November 25, 2011 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Tks very much for post:

    I like it and hope that you continue posting.

    Let me show other source that may be good for community.

    Source: Walmart interview questions

    Best rgs
    David

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.