Convention of Statesmen

ads

It's That Time of Year Again! Everything Broadway!

It's that time of year again, and I am excited! The Twist & Shout Concert is this Friday, July 1st - and it is Everything Broadway! You will love what Heather has planned for this 60 minute concert!

Here's the link to the interview Heather Hunt, my sister and director of Twist & Shout, did on Buy Back America. She is 30 minutes into the show, and I spoke to her for 30 minutes. I hope you will invite everyone you know to join us on July 1st. We are going to have so much fun!


This is a family friendly event lasting precisely 60 minutes. Heather is a stickler for not having a concert go longer than that.

We are having many rehearsals and I have to say, the men of Twist & Shout are hysterical. The guys are singing three numbers from the musical Spamalot, one of them with us, the women. They are so funny it's difficult to keep singing at times. They are working with the theory if they do all the funny stuff at every rehearsal we'll become immune to it. Not working yet, but we're trying hard!

Heather Hunt and Sara Terry sound AMAZING as they rehearse "Loathing" from Wicked. Wow, are you in for a treat! I heard them sing it, for the first time this way around, last night. I was blown away!

Then Sara Terry's "Diva's Lament" from Spamalot is priceless beyond measure. I keep giggling through it as she performs, so I'm certain you will too.

The adults are also singing "Season of Love" from Rent. And if I do say so myself ... we're rockin' it!

And then Ryann Race of "So You Think You Can Dance" will be performing with our own Eric Burton, of The Fabulous Burton Boys!

Throw in the kids of Twist & Shout, and we have a fun evening planned for our audience.

So again, I hope you have invited your family and friends to join us that evening. We have a 500+ seat auditorium and room for everyone.

Date: July 1, 2011
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: American Leadership Academy
1172 Del Monte Rd
Spanish Fork, UT 84660-9245

Add a comment if you have any questions. And do not forget, the event is FREE, although we won't turn anyone down who wants to donate to the arts. Yeah, I'm smiling.

Have a great evening and see you all Friday night!


Copyright 2011. All rights reserved by Candace E. Salima.
It's That Time of Year Again! Everything Broadway! It's That Time of Year Again! Everything Broadway! Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 Rating: 5

3 comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.