Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Apple Crisp

Don't you just love apple crisp? I absolutely adore it and love sitting down the table with a steaming peace of apple crisp and ice cold vanilla ice cream. It's an unbeatable combination.

Apple crisp was not something my mother made as I was growing up. I was introduced to it when I first began attending Ricks College in Rexburg, ID. My parents bought me a semester pass to the cafeteria and that is where I first ran across this nectar from the gods.

Okay, I'm probably exaggerating a little . . . a lot . . . but it really is one of my favorite desserts. In fact, I have a lot of favorite desserts, so I go out of my way to not make them a lot. When Alvin and I start craving desserts too much we start inviting people to dinner so that the two of us are restricted to one serving each. Our guests take care of the rest. If they didn't . . . holy cow, I cannot imagine how huge we would be.

Dessert is made at my house, once a week, and we go way out of our way to share. All that being said, here's the apple crisp recipe I've adapted to our liking.

Apple Crisp

Preheat oven to 350°

Peel and slice:

8 large Granny Smith Apples (Jonathans or Jonagolds will work as well.)
Place apple slices in a large, lightly greased, pan.

Combine:

1 C. Brown Sugar
1 t. Cinnamon
1½ t. Nutmeg
¼ t. Cloves
¼ t. Allspice
¼ t. Ginger

Sprinkle apple slices with half of this mixture.

Combine:

1 C. White Sugar
1 C. Flour
1 Egg
½ t. Salt
1 t. Baking Powder
½ C. Melted Butter

Spread over apple slices.

Sprinkle the remainder of the brown sugar mixture over contents.

Slip into oven and bake for 40 Minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Happy Eating.

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Apple Crisp Recipe: Apple Crisp Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, December 15, 2008 Rating: 5

No comments:

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.