Convention of Statesmen

ads

Recipe: Guacamole

Ah, one of my favorite things to eat are tortilla chips dipped in guacamole and salsa. LOVE IT. Over the years I've developed my own style of guacamole and I believe it is definitely "the bomb!"

When my husband and I were first married we really wanted to have children. We were both in our early thirties when we married and we decided to not waste any time. Something neither of us could have planned was the amount of guacamole, salsa and corn tortilla chips I would crave with each pregnancy.

Although we were not blessed with children, to this day there is simply nothing I enjoy more than sitting down to the table with a bowl of guacamole, a bowl of salsa and a bag of tortilla chips. Hmmm, wild guess what I'm going to get up and make as soon as I finish this blog!


Guacamole

5 Ripe Avocados
1 to 2 Serving Spoons of Sour Cream
½ t. Lemon Juice
2 Shakes Seasoning Salt

Optional

1 Small tomato (diced)
½ Small onion (diced)

Halve, peel, remove pit and place ripe avocados in a bowl. Mash down and then blend with an electric mixer. Add sour cream and blend. Add lemon juice, seasoning salt and blend until smooth.

Hand stir in tomato and onion.

Serve with tortilla chips, burritos, tacos, tostadas or taco salads. Or, you know, just eat with a spoon!

Happy Eating.

Return to the Neighborhood.
Recipe: Guacamole Recipe: Guacamole Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, October 31, 2008 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Oh Candace ... you are so bad to tempt us with this recipe. :) It sounds perfectly yummy!

    Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blogspot and visiting with me. I love reading your thoughts on my posts. Please be sure and comment before you leave.